This is a quiz for you to see how many modern storytelling cliches something has. It could be your own original story or a movie or show you're reviewing, but these are the annoying cliches that commonly appear in modern stories. Note that cliches are not inherently bad. Plenty of good stories use them and most of them rely on execution. But still, here's a number of cliches most are getting sick of seeing.
Name of the story/movie/show/game:
Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend
(Note: I have yet to play through the Remix Heart stories of Chronophantasma so any information below from said story that may apply here will not be mentioned.)
1. (X) Dead parent/parents (Make that a burning church as well.)
2. () Foreshadowing major character death in prologue when it's obvious they're not going to die
3. () The elaborate lie/misunderstanding
4. () The great shunning after the lie is reviled only to be forgiven a few minutes later
5. () "I wanna be a *blank* but my family disapproves/wants me to be something else!"
6. (-) Midlife Crisis (Define "Crisis")
7. () Musicals using pre-exsiting songs
8. (X) Strong chicks are violent chicks (Alexandrite II & Spirit Of Fire)
9. (X) Women punching men = comedy (Take a shot everytime Makoto knocks the shit out of Kagura.)
10. (X) Comic relief interrupting non-comedic/dramatic moments. (Ever heard of Gag Reels?
11. () Dogs are good, cats are bad
12. () Intrusive and/or redundant narration
13. () Possessive parents keeping potential love interests away from their kids.
14. () City Slicker in the country
15. () Country Bumpkin in the city
16. (X) Nature VS Man (Arakune counts as nature.... I think.)
17. () Bumping into each other/holding hands for a few seconds = TRUE LOVE~!
18. () Bickering enemies become romantic couple T minus nothing
19. () "BEST *blank* EVER!"
20. (X) "Really?"
21. (X) "Seriously?"
22. (X) "Come on!"
(Do these three reallyneed explanations?)
23. (X) Your main character is... DIFFERENT! (....Which main character?)
24. () Celebrity voices!
25. () "You just gotta BELIEVE~!"
26. () Twist villains
27. () Pre-climax arguing for forced drama
28. () Pre-climax separation for forced drama
29. () Fake-out death
30. () Fake out death (where they wake up in 20 seconds while the other character do nothing)
31. () "The power of love conquers all~!"
32. () When a character is able to magically push through/defeat something just because they gained more determination
33. () Working parent = EVIL AND NEGLECTFUL!
34. () Children looking exactly like their parents but with different hair styles
35. (X) Characters having the same hairstyle their whole life (If anyone has note any changes in Jin's hair, please correct me.)
36. (-) When a villain tries to torture the protagonist and fails to get information but only threatens to torture someone close to the protagonist (...This is half right.
37. () Forbidden love
38. (X) Females being brutal and masculine treated as "strong character traits" (Pretty sure it is.)
39. () "I wish mom/dad didn't have a job so they could spend more time with me!"
40. () The "rebel unfitting for the role" character
41. () You are THE CHOOOOOSEEEEEEEN OOOOOOONNNNEEEEEEEE!
42. () The female lead is paired up with the male lead for no good reason
43. (X) Annoying sidekicks (Catus Carnival II Yeah Tao can be annoying, but come on. You know you love her.)
44. () Darker features/colors = EVIL!!!
45. () Stupid/gullible/clueless protagonists
46. (X) GIRL POWER!!! (Hell yeah.)
47. (X) The 'lovable jerk' character ( : *whistles while casually spinning his hat around*)
48. () Overprotective parents
49. (X) Forced comedy/drama (Gag Reels. Again.)
50. () DANCE PARTY ENDINGS!!!
The following are hearby tagged. Any attempts to retag will be met with several caps being popped.
(Talkin' to you specifically.)