hello!! today is the last day of Asexual Awareness Week, so ive made some pride flag decorations to commemorate!! heres a flag for anyone who is both ace and aro!!
some things to remember about asexuality:
- asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction
- it is sometimes falsely made synonymous with celibacy or abstinence; both of these are personal choices one makes to not have sex. that is not what asexuality is! asexuality is simply a lack of sexual attraction; just like any other attraction, it is not a choice! just how we are.
- asexuality is a spectrum! the spectrum also includes graysexual (experiencing sexual attraction very weakly or very rarely) and demisexual (experiencing sexual attraction only to someone youve formed a deep emotional or romantic bond to)
- sexual and romantic attractions dont always match up! i, for instance, am ace (i dont experience sexual
attraction) and biromantic (i experience romantic
attraction to genders both like and unlike my own)
some things to remember about aromanticism:
- aromanticism is a lack of romantic attraction
- this does not mean that aromantic people dont experience love, they definitely do! its just not romantic in nature.
- aromanticism is also on a spectrum! the spectrum includes grayromantic (experiencing romantic attraction very weakly or very rarely) and demiromantic (experiencing romantic attraction only to someone youve formed a deep personal bond with)
- romantic and sexual attractions dont always match up! someone can be aromantic (not experiencing romantic
attraction) and still have a separate sexual orientation (so does experience sexual
attraction to whatever gender(s) their sexuality dictates)
(i am not aro, but tried my best to write this section accurately! that being said, if you are aro and any info here is incorrect, worded badly, could be improved, etc, please feel free to comment or send me a note!! i want everything here to be as accurate as i can make it!)
and as always, i love all of my ace/aro followers, and i hope yall had a great week!!
(also this is free to use as long as its on deviantart!)like my art? please consider becoming a patron, or donating a coffee!!FAQTwitterInstagramYouTubeToyHouse