Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
DIM : Deru's Descent by ArtemioM05 DIM : Deru's Descent by ArtemioM05
Well, you had hoped that Ms. Darshee would at least wait for you, but she had already hastily exited while you made yourself proper for Ms. Ariel and company.  It wouldn't do to go to such a important meeting looking so...errr...unkempt.  Still, you were eager to hear about Ms. Deru.  Perhaps this letter was to announce another daring conquest?

...

"I can smell it.  The smell of undeath.  The smell of unbridled vanity.  How I despise it."

"...Is someone there?" I turned behind me, only to find an endless darkness dogging my every step.

"..."

"..."

Drat.  Even as a vampire darkness provides no true comfort.  After all, monsters such as I aren't the only unpleasant things to linger within, especially this far down between the roots of the world.

...

Clank.  Clank.  Clank.  The metal walkway rings with your every step.  The silver path leads you ever closer to an ancient vault rooted deep within the rocky pillars.  Your bridge sways gently back and forth to the tune of metal clinks while chains shift and dangle slowly in place.  Beneath you is some sort of stagnant jade sea.  There are black rocks jutting up from the surface.  Even with your superior vision it is difficult to discern what they are.  Some sort of statues from an age long past?  Though to who they belonged you couldn't guess.  Not that you cared anyway.  Your crimson eyes lift up to the new obstacle before you.  A set of mighty gates that bars your progress, each with the image of a lion forged at the front, the pair staring at you with solemn dignity.  A pebble rolls down the side of your head, bouncing with a tiny ping against the metal grating.  The rumbling, which was once deafening, is now but a mild quiver that save for these a little distractions would have gone entirely unnoticed. 

You wait at the door, pondering your options.  Hmmm.

A. Break through.  Tis the vampire way.

B. Try to climb along the pillar's edge looking for some crack to worm your way through.

C. That water looks pretty deep.  Perhaps there is some sort of entrance through there?

D. Wait to ambush someone on their way out?
Add a Comment:
 
:iconrabbsx15:
RabbsX15 Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A
Reply
:iconfuryoumiko:
FuryouMiko Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2018  Student Writer
A. ''I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around.''
Reply
:iconkagedavies:
KageDavies Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hnnnnnnnng A.
Reply
:iconastraltower:
Astraltower Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2018
A. Let's be Deru.
Reply
:iconartemiom05:
ArtemioM05 Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2018
Deru gonna do as a Deru be ;p
Reply
:iconmomsaysno:
momsaysno Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2018
Hmmm, don't like the idea of losing our concealment so soon and that water's giving me chills. 

Either look for another way in or wait for someone to let us in. hmm. Really Makes You Think in 360 

I don't know which one!  Let me think a bit.
Reply
:iconartemiom05:
ArtemioM05 Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2018
Hehe, sure.
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×



Details

Submitted on
April 16
Image Size
10.6 KB
Resolution
544×416
Link
Thumb

Stats

Views
353
Favourites
7 (who?)
Comments
8
Downloads
0
×