Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
ALC: Stop! by ArtemioM05 ALC: Stop! by ArtemioM05
There are a pair of voices arguing with each other.  You strain to listen behind the fragile wooden facade.  It's...Fei...and the...thing from before?

...

"I told you to leave me alone." your false mother's voice rang out with frustration.  You could hear the door in the next room slam shut.  Brook flinched at the sound.

"You're not done.  We're not done." a cold voice answered. 

"I'm not going back."

"And what?  You're going to cling to this illusion you've built up for yourself?" the voice asked with noticeable contempt.  "This is what...the seventh time they've begun to rebel against the spell?  Look at you.  You can't even keep your lies straight."

"No thanks to you!  Everything was fine before you and your goons came stirring up trouble!"

"So what?  I should let this farce continue?  But I understand.  People do grow attached to their pets." you backed up as the walls began to bulge, expanding towards you.  The entire house began to groan, the floor letting out painful squeals of splintering wood.  "But a word of advice.  Once they live past their expiration date you put them down, lest the whole affair become more and more pathetic the longer it's dragged out."

"Get out!  Get out right now!"

"You made promises and you have not held up your end of the bargain."

"I gave you everything." she hissed with rage.

"Everything?"

You could feel the wood snapping, splitting before you, the fragile frame breaking under a terrible strain.

"Don't you dare act like I haven't done enough."

"It's not my fault you're not as clever as you thought you were.  Verigand isn't happy either.  You promised him Demsdale."

"HE STOLE HER FROM ME!" she practically roared.

"...What?" your sister asks, eyes filled with confusion.

You can't help it.  You don't know what's going on...but this woman...you would not allow this monster to push her about.  You wanted answers, and you'd drive it away if need be.  You moved to grab a nearby sword.

"Wait, what are you doing!" Brook squeaked, vainly trying to grab hold of you.  But she noticed a moment too late, and you burst through the door, pointing your blade at the turbulent darkness, "Leave my mother alone Monster!"

"...Foolish Negrido." the darkness answers.

"No!" your mother reaches to stop you.

"I said leave!" you yell and swing the blade at the dark.

"...We were having a conversation.  And I have no time for you." the blackness ripples, expanding in every direction.  Swirling tendrils exploded from it's core, filling your vision before the world collapsed from under you. 

"Stop!  They're all I have left!" was the last thing you heard as everything disappeared.

...

Something is coming back to you...

A. A vision of a desert night...cold and black   

B. A vision of the mountaintop, the day you fell

C. A vision of Fei, hidden far away.
Add a Comment:
 
:iconartemiom05:
ArtemioM05 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2018
A
Reply
:iconartemiom05:
ArtemioM05 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2018
Is the winner
Reply
:iconlucritius:
Lucritius Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2018
A, let's go to the desert!
Reply
:iconfuryoumiko:
FuryouMiko Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2018  Student Writer
A~ what's going on?!
Reply
:iconpsycho-carlos:
Psycho-Carlos Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2018
Well, when I said "Let it blow" I thought it was TNT, not a Nuke.
Anyways, C.
Reply
:iconjezebethnoir:
JezebethNoir Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2018
C.
Reply
:iconkagedavies:
KageDavies Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A! Yes, this thing. SHOW ME THE DESSERT. Wait.
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×



Details

Submitted on
February 19
Image Size
89.4 KB
Resolution
490×630
Link
Thumb

Stats

Views
74
Favourites
2 (who?)
Comments
7
Downloads
0
×