Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
ALC: Guard by ArtemioM05 ALC: Guard by ArtemioM05
"Greetings." you announce, approaching them cautiously.  You are unsure what to think, unsure who or what to trust.  All you know is there is a growing hunger in your stomach, matched only by the chill beginning to fester in your heart.  The wind picks up a bit and you can feel it ruffle your hair, leaving it a bit more unkempt than you'd prefer.  "May I speak with you for a moment?"

"Yes...?" the raven haired guard allows.  He places a hand on his hilt, trying to look as official as possible, all the while gazing down at the three of you suspiciously.

"I'm...sorry to bother you while you are busy...doing your thing." you shuffle awkwardly while you eye the building behind them.  It looks a bit...old, yet sturdy and with a bit of elegance lacking from the rest of the village.  Not that there was anything wrong with that, but ivory stone carved out of the mountain rock seemed a few steps higher in quality compared to little houses made of common timber.  The guard seems to grow impatient.  You clear your throat meaningfully.  "I don't suppose you could answer a question for me."

"And that is?" he eyed you up and down, seeming to already not care for your snooping.

"How did we fall?"

"Excuse you?"

"The three of us.  All at once.  Same injuries even.  How did that happen?"

"Are you playin' us for knobs?" the red haired man on your left asks.

"Knobs?" Brook ask.

"C'mon, answering the question ain't that hard is it?" Demsdale asked.

"How should I know?" the lead guard asked.  "Oltfeld was the one who healed you.  Not us.  We only heard from Torr that you took a bad spill."

"Don't seem to care much we've recovered." Brook pointed out.

"Brook!" you hiss disapprovingly.  The guard rolls his eyes.

"We had heard days ago that you made a full recovery."

"And?" Brook pressed despite your warning.

"And we've been busy with very important things.  Stressful." he sniffed, turning his nose up.

"Got a thief in the village, not to mention the other things..." the guard with the shaggy hair to your right added.

"Thie-"

"Its being taken care of", the leader snaps.  "Now was that all you had to ask?"

"No." you respond, eyes passing across the elegant stonework before you.  "You said Oltfeld healed us.  Where is he?  I would like to speak with him if that is alright."

"You cannot." he responds immediately.  "During the time you were bedridden, Sir Oltfeld was struck with a sickness, and has been spending his time in the sanctuary recovering.  No visitors."

"Are you s-"

"No exceptions!" he barks.

...

A. Pretend to be sick to join Oltfeld in the sanctuary?

B. Ask about the Thief?

C.  Try to find Torr?
Add a Comment:
 
:iconvendoth:
vendoth Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2017
B
Reply
:iconkagedavies:
KageDavies Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
B. Just to be different.
Reply
:iconfuryoumiko:
FuryouMiko Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2017  Student Writer
C. We can easily sneak into the sanctuary later...
Reply
:iconlucritius:
Lucritius Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2017
A is going to be fun to watch, no matter if it works or not :D
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×



Details

Submitted on
March 21, 2017
Image Size
1.4 MB
Resolution
914×749
Link
Thumb

Stats

Views
166
Favourites
0
Comments
4
Downloads
1
×