Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
ACL Gold Void by ArtemioM05 ACL Gold Void by ArtemioM05
"Err...excuse me...Mr...person...with hair...?" you slowly trail off.  Even now, you're not quite sure what his name is, or was...should be?  Whatever.  You go a little red in embarrassment...it's not your fault you can't remember anyone's names.  He doesn't seem upset, certainly, he seems more amused than offended.  But...it's hard to focus...your hunger seems to be growing...and it is starting to become impossible to ignore.  You do your best to watch his mustache as it swishes about as he opens his mouth to speak.

"Smee.  Edison Smee, at your service Miss River.  And you.  Demsdale.  Brook." he nods to the two behind you.  "I hope you're having a lovely day.  What brings you up on the setting side of the wall?"

"Why's it called that?" Demsdale pipes up.

"Dems!  That's not what we came up here for." you chide her quickly.  You feel famished, so much so that you are starting to feel like you could snatch a plate out from a child's grasp and you wouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty.  You'd like to speed this up if possible.

"It's no worry River, really, a trifle." he waved his hand.  "Simply put, just the nickname seeing as this is the section of town where the light passes last against these dusty old logs."

"And the graves?"

"What about them?"

"That's an awful lot right?" Brook raised her eyebrow.

"Course it is...relic of the battle against The Many Horned." the mustached man said as he pulled up a hammer to set some stray planks in place.

"Is that...a monster or something?"

"Hah...I know you hit your heads...but how do you forget something like that?"

"Something like what...so it is a monster?" you tilt you head, studying him thoughtfully.

"I'd rather like to try to focus on work...but yeah...it was a monster...beyond anything I think this world has ever seen. "  He bent down and began his work anew, parsing out the story amidst tiny hammer taps and modest metallic ringing.

"Armies from every kingdom in the land gathered to fight it...During the battle its counterattack carved huge swaths through the earth like it was nothing...And it's nearly impossible to cross those gashes to this day. Nearly everyone died in the chaos...Even the dragons and the valkyries trying to bring that thing down got torn to bits...And it'd have kept going strong if Altusk hadn't managed to kill it in the end.

"Altusk?"

"Greatest warrior this world will ever know." he sniffed as he slammed the hammer down on the next set of nails.

"So what was the M-" you begin, only to find him lift a hand to stop you.

"I'd love to tell you all the tales...but I can't split my attention forever Miss River.  Please...a little peace for now?"

"S-sure..." you hesitate, thinking to ask a little more.  But then...you think better of it...you can't stand it...this hunger..."

...

What do you do?

A: Get something to eat...immediately.

B: Return home.  Surely mother will have something ready?

C: Leave and if you have to, hunt down something nice and sweet and good to eat...
Add a Comment:
 
:iconartemiom05:
ArtemioM05 Featured By Owner Sep 17, 2017
C is the winner
Reply
:iconvendoth:
vendoth Featured By Owner Sep 15, 2017
hmmm C
Reply
:iconlucritius:
Lucritius Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2017
A. Better than returning home and being disappointed.
Reply
:iconjezebethnoir:
JezebethNoir Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2017
С.
Reply
:iconkagedavies:
KageDavies Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Uh... B. Go get something at home...
Reply
:iconfuryoumiko:
FuryouMiko Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2017  Student Writer
A. A all the way before the villagers start looking tasty...
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×



Details

Submitted on
September 14, 2017
Image Size
906 KB
Resolution
1174×764
Link
Thumb

Stats

Views
71
Favourites
0
Comments
6
Downloads
1
×