87 Comments3K Views
[UPDATE]: And the collab pic is up! Thank you all for joining!
It's that time of year once again.
Every year, I hold a collab where each artist submits a character to prepare for the Thanksgiving parade.
Due to the angle this year, I'm going to give street floats one last try. If this one doesn't get enough float entries, this will be the last collab that will have them. Like the balloons, it can be a normal float or someone TFed into one. To help with the point of view and the direction the characters are facing, here's what the background and layout example looks like:
Even if you're not from the US or you don't celebrate Thanksgiving where you are, you are allowed to enter the collab as long as you follow the rules.
Here are the rules:
1) Post in this journal or note me if you wish to enter.
2) Must be your own original character. No popular trademarked characters. NO EXCEPTIONS
3) For the non-artists (writers for example), you can have another artist draw your OC for you on the condition that they have permission from their creator/owner to do so. This applies only for the non-artists. The idea behind the collab is to see other people's styles in a single page and it loses that feel if only a couple people did all the work. No templates please.
4) Having the entry colored is encouraged due to more time available to finish.
5) I'll provide the background so do not draw your entry on a background. Transparent background is preferred to make it easier for me. If you cannot make your character on a transparent background, just put it on a white background and I can do it for you if needed.
6) When your entry is complete, link me to the drawing so I may prepare them for the parade.
7) The point of view will be looking at the parade from the side so the entries will be facing directly to the left. I will allow facing slightly towards the viewer due to the point of view. Here's my entry and one of my past entry for an example:
8) For the balloons, I will accept either inflated characters or characters transformed into parade balloons. For the street floats, I will accept a normal float or a character TFed into a float.
9) The deadline is November 25th, the day before Thanksgiving day. The finished collab will be posted on Turkey day.
10) Currently, there is no limit to the amount of characters you can enter. However, if there are too many characters entering, I will set the limits.
11) Try to keep it PG. What this means is don't have a character look like something that couldn't be shown on national TV. i.e. complete nudity, drug and alcohol references, etc.
In addition, I'll take a couple commissions just for the collab. The price will be $10 per character and full shaded. At the moment, I may only be able to take up to 3 commissions at a time. Just leave a comment or note me if you want a commission an entry from me.
Collab commission list:
1) (payment received/DONE!)
2) (payment received/DONE!)
3) (payment received/DONE!)
4) (payment recieved/DONE!)
Juicy July Blueberry Selfie YCH
Due to my current financial situation, I decided to announce this earlier than planned. As some of you may or may not know, July is National Blueberry Month. So to celebrate, I'll be doing a YCH special all month long where your OC will be berried while taking a selfie. During this time, all regular commissions are on hold and I won't be open for them until after the YCH. I ran this last year exclusively on a Discord group, and I'm making this open to the public for this year. The price is $15 each for simple shaded with a stock background and includes both a pic with the phone UI and a version without the UI. I'll be starting work on this after this weekend but in the meantime, I can start taking orders. To make this fair, I will work on each YCH in the order given and rather than announcing when the 4 slots are reopened, I will form a queue and work on the top 4 on my list at a time. This way, there won't be any fighting for a slot. In addition, I will only take
Year of the Ox 2021
The Lunar New Year is upon us once again. This year is the Year of the Ox. If you're born on the year 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, and 2009, this is your year. Having an honest nature, Oxes are known for diligence, dependability, strength and determination. These reflect traditional conservative characteristics. Having great patience and a desire to make progress, Oxes can achieve their goals by consistent effort. They are not much influenced by others or the environment, but persist in doing things according to their ideals and capabilities. Before taking any action, Oxes will have a definite plan with detailed steps, to which they apply their strong faith and physical strength. As a result, people of the Ox zodiac sign often enjoy great success. Oxes are weakest in their communication skills. They are not good at communicating with others, and even think it is not worthwhile to exchange ideas with others. They are stubborn and stick to their own ways.
Thought I should give some updates for this month. First, my commission prices have been updated with new rates. It's only a small increase for now as I've been relying more on commissions for income. Those that were still in my queue before the increase will still pay the old commission pricing. On that note, regular commissions have been reopened. Though for the time being, I'll only take a couple at a time so I can also work on those in my current queue. While I can accept new commissions, they may not be worked on until the new year to give me time to enjoy the holidays. In addition, I've been working out ideas for my Patreon as well as comics and art packs I can try selling in the future. At the moment, I'm still gathering feedback on them but expect to see them during 2021. On a final note. My Christmas wish for this year: For those that want to bother, it's on the 27th. Commission Info Patreon Page Support me on Ko-fi!
Thanksgiving Collab 2020
UPDATE: The collab pic is up. Thank you all for participating and Happy Thanksgiving! It's that time of year once again. Every year, I hold a collab where each artist submits a character to prepare for the Thanksgiving parade. As before, this collab will be open to all from both DA and FA. Please help spread the word about it if you have an account on FA. Even if you're not from the US or you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, you are allowed to enter the collab as long as you follow the rules. Here are the rules: Post in this journal or note me if you wish to enter. Must be your own original character. No popular trademarked characters. NO EXCEPTIONS This has been asked before, but I should mention this: Despite that the past collabs are female heavy, male OCs are permitted to join as long as the rules are followed. No mature content. Breast expansion is okay as long as they are clothed for example. Please put effort in your entries. Entries that are just a circle tool with a
I really want to do this but with my dad's current health problems I can't afford to draw. Especially when his surgery is close to Thanksgiving. I don't think I'll be able to do this unless someone is kind enough to do this for me, but I don't want to ask for fear of looking desperate.