The next step of my project. I will write a journal about the alternate course of the war, but for now just a small explanation. Germany never performs the Schlieffenplan but holds a small frontline in Alsace-Lorraine against the Plan XII approach of France with 3 armies. Britain stays out at first and Germany can overrun Russia much quicker. Britain which fears Germany will be too strong if it controlls the East, declares war because of a simple reason like a sunken ship. They think as long as the main armies are in the east they can threaten Germany in the west. But Germany was able to withstand the french attacks and after the peace with Russia (in civil war) was signed the war experienced eastern armies move quickly west. They still march through Belgium, as Britain joined the war now anyway and they take the risky way through the Ardennes. They can cut off both armies and exterminate them. Germany never performed a massive u-boat warfare and the USA is never pulled in. The Central Powers win and establish a new order in Europe.
Territory changes for the Central Powers:
Me and my good friend as well as my other mates researched a lot about the after war plans and I tried to make logical territory changes. Of course we can never know how it would´ve ended exactly, but I think I came rather close.
- Western valleys of the Vosges mountains for geostrategical reasons
- Land around Verdun
- Land of Arlon (Germany won´t annex more from Belgium here, to appease Britain. More radical german groups wanted to annex large chunks or even all of Belgium, but I doubt after Germany increased its influence that massivly in the east, it has an interest to piss off Britain for the next decades)
- Polish settlement strip (Those were rather clear plans, Germany wanted to expand into Poland)
- Venetia and Lombardy (they owned those regions some decades ago)
- The valleys of the Carpathian mountains at Romania (Austria had also plans for Poland, but Germany wanted a german king in Poland instead and keep it as a state)
- Romanian coast up to the Danube delta (Romania gains Bessarabia tho)
- Large parts of Serbia and all of Macedonia (Serbia can keep Montenegro)
- Parts of Greece
- All the islands in front of its coast (This was some speculation by me)
- Large parts of Armenia
- Georgia and Azerbaijan as vassal states
New states in the east:
Germany would together with Austria-Hungary establish several new states mostly on the costs of Russia in the east and form a new alliance of states. Most of those states would get a german/ austrian king. There were exact plans for german kings in Finland, Poland and even Ukraine.
1. Poland with Karl Albrecht von Habsburg-Altenburg as king.
2. Ukraine with Vasyl Vyshyvanyi alias Wilhelm Franz von Habsburg-Lothringen as king.
3. White Ruthenia
5. Baltic Duchy
6. Finland with Friedrich Karl von Hessen-Kassel as king.
9. Mountain Republic
You see the situation of 1918, the civil war is still raging all over european Russia and within the next years there will be border changes again. States like Donland, Kuban and the Mountain Republic will probably fall apart again, and Russia will invade White Ruthenia to gain back territory maybe even Ukraine. I will show those changes in my next map. Also Austria-Hungary will still fall apart, but some years later and not directly after the victory and much softer. A croatian state might have been formed inside of Austria-Hungary before the dissolution. Another map I make in future will show the colonial changes in Africa, maybe you noticed that Morocco is a german protectorate now.
The new alliance of those states will be called "Deutscher Bund" German Alliance, because most of those states have a german head of state. There will be a new alliance in future tho, but that will take some more time to make.
If you read through everything until here congrats nearly noone is doing this, and I would be very grateful if you look over my map to find errors and to criticize the borders or the style. Or maybe you simply have questions why I did a certain border change).
This map is part of our project Sternenfront
If you want the full Adobe Illustrator file you can become my Patron.