Sometimes we can’t just wait for governments to do it for us. Humans have until 2030 (12 years from now) to get our shit together and curb the destabilization of our climate. I have compiled ways to contribute to the effort as an individual below:
1. Cut back on meat. Not many people know that poultry and dairy farms cause alot of greenhouse gas emissions but not from fossil fuels, but from the livestock in the form of manure which produces methane and nitrous oxide. To combat this you should shift to a more plant based diet and I'm not saying you need to go vegan. You need protein kids.
2. Plant vegetation. Trees and plants absorb carbo dioxide to grow, which makes them carbon sinks that turns places like the Amazon Rain Forest into vital parts of the Earth because they absorb large amounts of Co2.
3. Use public transport as much as possible, walk or bike if need be, because there's going to be less cars on the road which means there’s less carbon coming from automobiles.
4. Reuse, reduce, recycle. Don't throw out plastic bottles and bags when you could recycle them or reuse them. Make sure that most of the food on your plate is eaten and compost what’s left.
5. Save water and electricity by turning taps off, having short showers and resist dumping water down the drain. When you leave a room turn of the lights or any electronic in said room.
6. Do not use palm oil as the vast majority of the time it is produced through non-sustainable means and the industry is linked with deforestation and other environmental harm. googleweblight.com/i?u=http://…
7. Use lots of solar energy. It's clean and affordable.
8. Do your shopping at local stores as much as you can. Supermarkets and Malls waste plenty of energy. googleweblight.com/i?grqid=4RJ…
9. Educate people as much as you can. This doesn’t mean you preach atop a soap box but explain how climate change and global warming will impact their lives, their health and their economy. Speaking of economics, since money drives us so much relate global warming and the economy. Because if money is involved, humans will do anything.