[APH] Česká republika
and largest city Prague (Praha)
● Official languages
Slovak German Polish Belarusian Bulgarian Croatian Greek Hungarian Romani Russian Rusyn Serbian Ukrainian Vietnamese
● Ethnic groups
29.9% others / unspecified
80% non-declared or non-religious
10.3% Roman Catholic
● Demonym Czech
Government Parliamentary republic
- President Miloš Zeman
- Prime Minister Jiří Rusnok
● Legislature Parliament
- Upper house Senate
- Lower house Chamber of Deputies
- Principality of Bohemia c. 870
- Kingdom of Bohemia 1198
- Czechoslovakia 28 October 1918
- Czech Socialist Republic 1 January 1969
- Czech Republic 1 January 1993
- Total 78,866 km2 (116th)
30,450 sq mi
- Water (%) 2
- Sep 2012 estimate 10,513,209 (81st)
- 2011 census 10,436,560
- Density 134/km2 (84th)
● The Czech Republic and Czech Republic (in Czech Česká republika) or even Czechia or Czech Republic (in Czech, Česko) is a country in Central Europe, bordered to the north by Poland, Slovakia to the east, south and west and by Austria northern Germany. The country's capital is Prague. He is a member of the EU since May 2004.
Bohemia, the western part of the country, is surrounded by low hills and forms a drained by the Labe (Elbe) and Vltava (Vltava) basin. Moravia, the eastern part is also hilly and is bounded by the river Morava. Silesia, the northern part of Moravia, between Moravia and Poland.
On 1 January 1993, Czechoslovakia was divided in two by parliamentary decision. Since then, the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic (Slovakia) are two independent countries.
► Some of her history\
● The Czech lands emerged in the late ninth century when they were unified by Premyslid ( Přemyslovci ) . The kingdom of Bohemia was a regional power with meaning, but religious conflicts such as the Hussite wars of the fifteenth century and the Thirty Years War of the seventeenth century were devastating . Later , Bohemia fell under Habsburg influence and became part of Austria -Hungary .
After the collapse of this state , which followed the First World War , the Czechs and Slovaks their neighbors got together and formed the independent republic of Czechoslovakia in 1918 . The first president was Thomas Masaryk of Czechoslovakia . This young country contained a large German minority in the Sudetenland , which would lead to the dissolution of Czechoslovakia when Germany annexed the minority through the Munich Agreement in 1938 , and Slovakia also separated . The remaining Czech state was occupied by the Germans in 1939 .
After World War II , Czechoslovakia fell into the Soviet sphere of influence. In 1968 , an invasion by Warsaw Pact troops ended the efforts of the country's leaders to liberalize the regime and create "socialism with a human face " during the Prague Spring .
In 1989 , Czechoslovakia regained his freedom via a " Velvet Revolution " peaceful . On 1 January 1993 the country split peacefully into two , resulting in independent countries : the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
The Czech Republic joined NATO in 1999 and the European Union in 2004.
● GEO: The relief is mountainous due to the Carpathian mountain range, northeast, on the border with its policy ex-sister Slovakia. To the north, in the triple border with Poland and Germany, located the Sudeten mountains with the highest point in the country (1,602 m.) At peak Snezka. The climates of the Czech Republic are the temperate and continental, with mild summers and winters a bit strict. The vegetation is basically the Temperate Forest, which has needle-shaped leaves that fall in winter (deciduous).
● DEMO: Most of the 10.2 million inhabitants of the Czech Republic are ethnically and linguistically Czech (95%). Other ethnic groups include Germans, Poles and Gypsies. After splitting in 1993, the Slovaks comprise about 2% of the current population.
The border between the Czech Republic and Slovakia is open to people with citizenship of the former Czechoslovakia. Laws establishing religious freedom were created shortly after the 1989 revolution, repealing oppressive rules promoted by the communist regime.
The largest religious community is Roman Catholic (27% of the population). A large percentage of the Czech population claims to be an atheist (59%) (see  for details in Czech).
The sum of a few thousand Jewish community today, is a synagogue in Prague memorial of over 80,000 Czechoslovak Jews who were killed during World War II.
|Thanks for stopping by~<3|