EDIT 4: Added something more in the general guidelines below. Also, please welcome in the staff! He'll help voting on submissions from now on, so try to submit to the correct folder and not to give him (and the rest of the staff) a hard time.
EDIT 3: Please remember that the group has a fanart folder; I was voting on submissions and I had to decline the majority of them since some members keep submitting to the wrong folders. ^^'
EDIT2: Each time I vote on submissions I end up declining more than half of them since they were sent to the wrong folder: please, please read the group and folders' rules!
EDIT: Please remember that fan-characters of any kind and OCs cosplaying as any character from an established franchise go to the fanart folder!
Basically, any artwork with some fanart element or scenario, even implicit, is considered fanart in this group.
Of course, from this folder are still exluded stuff like 3-D artworks, animations, icons, sketches, linearts, WIPs, comics, art with text, literature, and crafts (they all have dedicated folders).
I noticed many misplaced submissions, and unless they're borderline cases they are declined/removed from the gallery (for minor issues we just move them to the correct folder though).
Please read the folders descriptions if you've doubts about submission, and if a submission is declined feel free to ask an explanation in the relative correspondence (so that we can check if you submitted to the right folder to begin with).
Some general guidelines:
- always open the Gallery folders to read their descriptions if you aren't sure to which folder you should submit to;
- mature content is accepted as long as it follows DA rules and it's properly tagged;
- the fanart folder is also for OCs cosplaying as characters from an established series/universes, but NOT for fanarts of completely original characters (this is also the folder for fan-characters and any static 2D artwork without text containing fanart elements, not necessarily characters);
- any animation and pixel art go the the dedicated folder (but not 3-D animations, since we have a specific folder for 3-D and photomanipulations);
- in "photomanipulations" we also include artworks using a photo as the background or elsewhere in the picture;
- only finished and open adoptables go to the dedicated folder (please submit other kinds of adoptables and YCHs to the advertising folder);
- character/reference sheets have a specific folder (reference sheets of closed/sold adoptables usually go there too);
- advertising/adoptables/reference sheeta/photomanipulationa/3D-GC art/icons and other graphics works/pixel art/animation/WIP/lineart/sketch all have dedicated folders;
- both actual comics and static 2D art with text go to the same folder (watermarks don't count as "text" of course).
I will add more in the future, but if you've questions feel free to ask! ^^