EDIT: Please remember that fan-characters of any
kind and OCs cosplaying as any character from an established franchise go to the fanart folder!
Basically, any artwork with some fanart element or scenario, even implicit, is considered fanart in this group.
Of course, from this folder are still exuded stuff like 3-D artworks, animations, icons, sketches, linearts, WIPs, comics, art with text, comics, literature, and crafts, which all have dedicated folders.
I noticed many misplaced submissions, and unless they're borderline cases they are declined/removed from the gallery (for minor issues we just move them to the correct folder though).
Please read the folders descriptions if you've doubts about submission, and if a submission is declined feel free to ask an explanation in the relative correspondence
(so that we can check if you submitted to the right folder to begin with).
Some general guidelines
- the fanart folder is also for fan-characters of established series/universes, but NOT for fanarts of completely original characters;
- any animation and pixel art go the the dedicated folder (but not 3-D animations, since we have a specific folder for 3-D and photomanipulations);
- in "photomanipulations" we also include artworks using a photo as the background or elsewhere in the picture;
- character/reference sheets have a specific folder (reference sheets of closed/sold adoptables go there too);
- both actual comics and static 2-D art with text go to the same folder (watermarks don't count as "text" of course).
I will add more in the future, but if you've questions feel free to ask! ^^