Listeria not hysteria XD There are five strains of this bacteria and all of them have been found in various products recalled. But this bacteria can come from almost ANYTHING used in the creation of their product. In this case, they are thinking it was the milk supplier (last I read, at least and that was back in March I believe). And listeria is a very common foodborn illness.
And this has been going on for a long while. Most of the contaminated products have been pulled off the shelf.
The scariest part of this (besides the issues the bacteria brings) is that the symptoms can show up anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks after consumption of contaminated product. And there are certain batches which have been comprised, which can be found on the website. Along with other information so you can be properly informed about this event. Bluebell is doing a good job on helping to minimise the damage.
What I find interesting, is the patience who died (as of March) were all admitted to the hospital for other illnesses, had shakes made with Bluebell and died. I'm more prone to blaming the hospital at that point. I should go check up on this before I say anything more though XD
I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO DO RESEARCH ON THIS TO FIND OUT WHAT IS AND WHAT IS NOT SAFE.
Yeah XDD I wrote what I thought the teachers said when I made the poll and rushed it since I was still in class. I figured it wasn't hysteria bacteria but listeria. //hit
I didn't realize this has been going on for a month (didn't research much of course orz) The whole thing is a little confusing, but either way I'm glad they found out and are trying their best to prevent more illnesses or fatalities. it would suck though that the patients died from the food they got from the hospital lol, that's not supposed to happen, you would think the hospital would check the food that they got, although that might not be their job? But still...
Haha, yeah, I figured it was a typo. It was funny though, hysteria bacteria XD
Actually it's been going on since 2010, or at least that's when the first outbreak was. And apparently they ruled out the milk since it's pasteurized, makes sense. But this bacteria can live for ages if unnoticed and it's a beotch to get rid off. You have to take piping and virtually the whole factory apart Yeah, it's the first time in their history to have a recall, you know they are like...okay WHY DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM? XD
Yes it would, a lot. Well they didn't know it was contaminated until someone was able to link the similarities in the deaths and then it was kind of an 'oh shit' moment. But who expects the ice cream to be poisoned? XD