So...after rereading some of the submission rules for the folders I realized that some of it didn't really make any sense. My apologies! Organization isn't my forte. Anyhow, I have created some new folders to make the submission process a little less aggravating for you guys. Instead of separating all pencil work from the others I have just separated the Fan Art and Original Art folders by the media used. I'll provide more information about each folder later on in the journal, so don't worry. A new addition to our gallery would be the Artisan Crafts folder. Basically, if any of you have some handmade crafts such as keychains, sneaker art, or buttons you can feature them in our group. Simple stuff like that. (despite it not being simple...)
RULES ARE NOWHERE TO BE SEEN ON OUR PAGE!!
Yeah, sorry about that. The Founder and I never got around to that in the early stages of this group. So I figured I'd just write down the basic rules, and discuss some more ideas with the other admins.
- NO ART THEFT!! If we are presented with any cases you will instantly be removed from the group and reported.
- No recoloring. That's just another form of art theft, and we do NOT support that here. Practice makes perfect, not stealing.
- If you use a base please give credit to the original artist, and link the original in your artist's comments. It's not fair to them.
- Give credit to the creators of games or dollmaking sites. I've hardly seen it in our group, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
- NO PORNOGRAPHY!! That means no exposed body parts, fetishes, and whatnot. We'd like to keep this group a little decent, you know?
- You may only submit up to 3 deviations per day. Submitting your deviations all at once gets a tad tiring for everybody.
- PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO SUBMIT TO THE CORRECT FOLDERS. All deviations submitted to the Featured folder will automatically be declined. If you have a suggestion for the Featured folder that is NOT YOUR OWN please note the group.
- Play nice with one another! That means no flaming, trolling, whatever you kids call it these days. It's just obnoxious.
- No advertising yourself or anything like that. It just makes you look bad. (Not that we've ever had that problem)
- However, if there is a contest or charity you would like to help out please feel free to notify us! We are all for helping others!
OKAY! Now to discuss the folders:
This folder is reserved for deviations we the admins think exhibit incredible talent and creativity. To have your work displayed in this folder we encourage you all to put as much effort into your piece as possible. Hard work is noticeable! Also, don't be discouraged if your work is not shown. It does not make anyone better than the rest~ As long as you have fun drawing it, and love anime it's all good.
Fan Art: Digital
Simple really, if it's not originally created by you just post it here. It must be drawn using an art program, though.
Fan Art: Traditional
Pre-existing anime characters drawn using mediums such as pencil, pen, marker, paint, etc.
Original Art: Digital
Created by you and only YOU! Drawn using art programs.
Original Art: Traditional
Same as above only it's drawn with pencil, marker, blah blah blah.
Handmade crafts that can be sold like jewelry, buttons, postcards, keychains, plushes, etc.
The Pencil/Pen Work folder will cease to exist, but your deviations are being switched over to the correct folders. The rule for Line Arts still stands. Even if it is Fan Art or Original Art, it is a LINE ART and must go in the suggested folder.
~THANK YOU FOR READING!!
|More Journal Entries|