Hi everyone - I'm still alive! And feeling terribly guilty about allowing my gallery here at dA to fall into disarray. Were it a building, there'd be trees sprouting through the roof by now.
Fortunately it's not a building, just a website, which means that I came back to find it redesigned and newer and shinier than ever (sadly, it's so new and shiny I can't figure out where anything is... how the hell do I change the auto signature on my comments again??).
In brief: I'm still in Brisbane, I'm still with IncB (https://www.deviantart.com/incb), I'm still a crazy cat lady, and I'm still producing art - though because I'm working in the gaming industry, I'm not permitted
Dudes - it's been like six months since I updated this journal!
Things that've happened since then:
- I went through a bloody awful depression for a few months;
- Dealing with this forced me to confront some of my issues and insecurities and I've emerged a clearer, stronger, happier person;
- I lost some friends but gained some amazing new ones;
- I chose to step down from my Gallery Director position at DA due primarily to the first item on this list;
- I got a new job as a Graphic Artist for the gaming industry;
- After mutually but seperately working through stages of sadness, anger, Totally Ignoring One Another and Being Just Frien
A quick and apologetic update from me - if you've sent me a DD suggestion recently, and I haven't read it, please forgive me: after a recent stuffup from our ISP, we've ended up on Dialup until the 3rd of November.
Until then, loading pages on dA is near-impossible to do with any sort of efficiency, so I'm sitting on a lot of notes right now, saving them for later.
As always, if you have questions or issues, I'll continue to address those right away. (I've been asked some really interesting, challenging questions lately, actually - those are great fun, keep them coming!)
In a few days, it is going to be a relatively normal day...for most. But not for you. For on that day...it will be a good day to revel in the moment that you were cast down upon this Earth, summoned and placed here by the mighty Odin to share your talents and your creativity with all. Let thee rejoice and enjoy this time, and know you are wished a Happy Birthday! May many more follow!
Also, Odin sends cake, blessed by King Kong and delivered by Godzilla!