Happy new year, everyone!
I hope 2017 was a great year and if not... well, it's over now. On to the new year! We have been VERY busy here at AnimalsPlantsNature
. Over the past couple months we have collected information and taken a critical look at the group and how it is being run. We've made some changes and also have some exciting things heading your way this year!
At the end, leave us a comment to say you've read everything and maybe even link an APN photograph you really love. I'd love to see them!
Let's start with...
Our gallery submission rules are listed on our group's front page (here
- right column). We encourage everyone to look through them again as we added a significant piece of information. That is the "Where to Submit Your APN Photos
" guide! This should be a great reference if you're confused about where to submit your APN photography on DeviantArt (and therefore which of our corresponding gallery folders you should be submitting to).
I also wanted to include some common reasons your pieces could be denied from the group gallery:
- You did not pick the gallery folder that matches your deviation's category. Remember, for example, if you submit to Landscapes on DA, then you must also submit to OUR Landscapes gallery folder!
- Your deviation is better suited to a different category. For example, if you submit a photograph of a Golden Retriever to Wild Animals then we will not let a piece like that into our group Wild Animals folder.
- The deviation is of poor technical quality.
- The deviation is of poor compositional quality.
- You tried to submit to Featured but we did not feel it was quite up to par. The Featured folder is reserved for the absolute best of APN Photography. It's not easy to get accepted here, so don't feel badly if it is declined!
Please keep in mind that you are welcome to request feedback
if we decline your photo. One of the voting admins will reply to you with their reasoning. Please respect their decisions; however, if you vehemently disagree with a decision, you are welcome to send the group a note and it will be looked into. ^^
Lastly, we're excited to announce that we have a new gallery folder
! After much debate and pondering, we have decided to add a "Macro-Nature" folder. This folder is ONLY for photography submitted to the Macro -> Nature category on DeviantArt.
Please note that if your piece is not actually a nature macro photograph--or if it is not a true macro photograph--it will be declined.
On to more news!
Coming Your Way in 2018...
The admin team and I are excited to announce a plethora (I love that word) of events and series for the new year. We are still working the kinks out on some but plan to get the gears moving for February. Curious to know more? Keep an eye out for...
- New contests!
For 2018, we have decided to do away with monthly themes. We're going to keep things loose and just a little bit wild. Our contests will no longer be restricted to one APN category (at least 90% of the time they won't). Rather, you'll see different thematic prompts than what you're used to. We hope to challenge and inspire you to create amazing new photography... Then maybe can some cool prizes for it.
- New Blog Series
We are planning to post monthly features, interviews, and tutorials. Have ideas?? Please send them to us! Want to get involved? Send us a note!
- New and Improved Feedback Frenzies!
We want to help you get helpful feedback on your photos. We think offering a little incentive can benefit everyone in the end and so we'll be continuing the Feedback Frenzies in 2018. However, we're working on some fun ways to make these even MORE accessible to a larger audience! Stay tuned for more in the coming weeks.
We can't wait to see all of your wonderful photographs this year. Thank you for joining our group and being a part of the fun! Make sure to leave us a comment here to say hello, share some artwork, or ask us questions!