LoRE Event Tracker 2019

3 min read

Deviation Actions

AmaranthineRain's avatar
Published:
23 Comments
173 Views
NAVIGATION


:icontokotas: :iconevents-of-tokotna: 
LoRE - Event Overview

Registration Information


Sun Chaser Talisman by TokoTime
Stravag 35717 by TotemSpirit Jinanu 35714 by TotemSpirit

Registered Tokota: Stravag 35717Stravag 35717
Affiliated Spirit: Sikrinerk
InventoryEvent Inventory
Additional Characters: Jinanu 35714Jinanu 35714 


[F2U sun chaser divider - LoRE 2019] by ViinciTokotas


Prologue


Prologue CommentPrologue
Prologue Side QuestLoRE - Prologue Side Quest
Bonus ContentLoRE - Prologue

[F2U sun chaser divider - LoRE 2019] by ViinciTokotas

Chapter 1


Chapter CommentChapter 1
Main Chapter Prompt: (Link entry)
Side Quests
  • Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3
[F2U sun chaser divider - LoRE 2019] by ViinciTokotas

Chapter 2


Chapter CommentChapter 2
Main Chapter Prompt: (Link entry)
Side Quests
  • Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3
[F2U sun chaser divider - LoRE 2019] by ViinciTokotas

Chapter 3


Chapter CommentChapter 3
Main Chapter Prompt: (Link entry)
Side Quests
  • Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3
[F2U sun chaser divider - LoRE 2019] by ViinciTokotas

Epilogue


Epilogue CommentEpilogue
Epilogue Side Quest: (Link Epilogue entry)

[F2U sun chaser divider - LoRE 2019] by ViinciTokotas



© 2019 - 2021 AmaranthineRain
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
AmaranthineRain's avatar
Event Inventory
TokoEvents's avatar

Sun Chaser Talisman by TokoTime

1 x Sun Chaser Talisman

AmaranthineRain's avatar
AmaranthineRain's avatar
AmaranthineRain's avatar
AmaranthineRain's avatar
TokoEvents's avatar

You leave the Seven Stones, feeling the comfortable weight of your new talisman on your leg. You find yourself in an unfamiliar forest. You follow the beaten dirt path until you come to a fork in the road. 


One path winds up toward a strange, snow-capped mountain range that breaks up the skyline like a row of cold, broken teeth. 


The other leads deeper into a densely forested valley where it is swallowed by the thick, dark trees. 


You stop here to carefully consider your path, still unsure of where exactly in Tokotna you are.




➤ Take the mountain path

➤ Take the forest path

★ Call on your spirit guide for advice


Admin Ref#: CH1-000

AmaranthineRain's avatar
Stravag stopped at the forked path and eyed the split options. She knew better than to assume one way was better than the other based on how it looked. What gave her the greatest pause, however, was that Jinanu had taken sick recently. Luckily the worst of the illness was over, but the dire pup still tired easily and that strange, other feeling haunted them from between the trees.

Perhaps the bracing air of the mountain range would clear the air.


➤ Take the mountain path
TokoEvents's avatar

You ascend the mountain, picking a careful path along treacherous cliffs as chilly gusts of wind howl all around you. You eventually come to a deep ravine carved into the mountainside. A long, rickety-looking bridge made of old rope and wood offers you a path across, its boards creaking softly as it sways in the wind. On either side of the bridge, the face of the ravine slopes down sharply, but appears to have just enough footholds for you to be able to make the hike down its face.


The bridge certainly doesn’t look very sturdy, but the hike down into the ravine looks equally treacherous. The wind is picking up and it’s clear that there is a storm brewing on the mountainside. Perhaps it was not wise to wander into the mountains unprepared.


Which path do you take?




➤ Cross the bridge

➤ Hike down the ravine

➤ Double back and take the forest path

★ Call on your spirit guide for advice



Admin Ref#: CH1-001

AmaranthineRain's avatar
The spirit appearing again startled Stravag but excited Jinanu. Stravag snorted at Sikrinerk's words at first, but sighed. She did not suppose the spirit knew all about her time trapped in the underground arena....did it? Living cage to cage to arena fight to cage. Stravag would never fully trust another human again.

Stravag looked down at the ravine and began to plan her path down. Jinanu bounced forward to greet Sikrinerk and trade stories with her before the spirit left. Jinanu did not get many playmates but so far the spirit guide was the most cheerful and mischievous she had ever encountered. When Stravag turned to thank Sikrinerk she found the spirit had already gone and that her talisman was warm against her leg. The tawny dire gathered up Jinanu and headed away from the bridge.


➤ Hike down the ravine
TokoEvents's avatar

You carefully navigate a path down the side of the ravine, pausing briefly when you hear a distant boom, like thunder. The wind picks up and snow begins to fall, making your descent even more difficult. Through the falling snow, you catch the acid green glow of two little eyes floating in the open air beside you - a dark spirit. It swirls in the wind, the weather worsening with its rapid movements. You can feel your talisman growing warmer against your leg - a warning.


You race down the face of the ravine as fast as you can safely go, leaping the last few feet to the bottom as the storm rapidly worsens. The wind screams in your ear and shards of ice pelt against you. If you don’t escape the spirit soon, you’ll no doubt be buried, so you keep moving.


You eventually come to the mouth of the ravine - it opens up in the side of the mountains, leading to a rocky path along the cliffs. Though the cliffs are steep and the snow storm continues to swirl around you, the path is wide enough to travel comfortably and perhaps afford you an escape from the spirit. To your right, however, is another option. Carved into the face of the ravine’s wall there appears to be a cave. The walls are covered in thick sheets of ice, and the inside is shrouded in blackness.  In the snow at the mouth of the cave, there is a trail of impossibly large paw prints leading inside.




➤ Enter the ice cave

➤ Hike along the cliffs

★ Call on your spirit guide for advice

OPTIONAL SIDE QUEST: You still have no idea where you are, but it’s clear that your chosen path is now a dangerous one. Depict your encounter with the dark spirit on your descent into the ravine. Is your instinct to fight back, keep running, or seek the shelter of the cave? You can find complete rules for side quests here.


Admin Ref#: CH1-006

AmaranthineRain's avatar
Jinanu sheltered against Stravag's side for the climb. Her fur protected her against most of the blasts, but it was still best not to try a recovering immune system. Stravag, for her part, made an effort to move slower than usual, making sure each step was steady and keeping their slide on the slope to a minimal. 

By the time they reached the bridge Stravag felt tested. She looked over the bridge and the sharp slant of the slope. Then she cast a look over her shoulder to where they had come from the forest. Should they just go back? But they had come so far already...

A pink-purple glitter caught her eye and she looked down at the talisman tied to her ankle. She frowned at the little thing, wondering if it had been given to her for a use such as this. 


★ Call on your spirit guide for advice
Sikrinerk's avatar
An interesting choice for one of my followers to come up into the mountains, but then again the forest does get densely packed and I sense this would not be a wise path for someone who doesn't like confined spaces, eh, Stravag?
The ravine would be, by far, the better choice for you! But keep your wits about you, there are still many dangers for you to face 
AmaranthineRain's avatar
The spirit appearing again startled Stravag but excited Jinanu. Stravag snorted at Sikrinerk's words at first, but sighed. She did not suppose the spirit knew all about her time trapped in the underground arena....did it? Living cage to cage to arena fight to cage. Stravag would never fully trust another human again.

Stravag looked down at the ravine and began to plan her path down. Jinanu bounced forward to greet Sikrinerk and trade stories with her before the spirit left. Jinanu did not get many playmates but so far the spirit guide was the most cheerful and mischievous she had ever encountered. When Stravag turned to thank Sikrinerk she found the spirit had already gone and that her talisman was warm against her leg. The tawny dire gathered up Jinanu and headed away from the bridge.


➤ Hike down the ravine
Sikrinerk's avatar
Ah my child, I cannot move those nimble paws for you! Please respond to TokoEvents to continue your journey.
View all replies
AmaranthineRain's avatar
TokoEvents's avatar
Something sends a shudder through your body as you're out exploring the forest near your home. Rumors of more spirits wandering the world stream through your mind for a moment, but you brush the thoughts from your head with a shake of your mane.

Eventually, you come to a grove of unusual trees. Something about their shape scratches at the back of your mind like a distant memory, shapeless, but familiar. You cautiously venture between the dark trees, coming to a clearing. The sight that meets your eyes is new, but somehow a name bubbles to the surface of your mind: the Seven Stones.

The old dusty stones haven't seen a soul in a decade or longer. They shine dully in the afternoon light. Set in the stones are ornaments, spheres of carved glass with words from a lost language etched into the front. In the center atop a single pillar of rock a slightly larger teal orb hovers faintly.

Magic hasn’t died out of this shrine despite its age. Surrounding the centerpiece are six more glass spheres ranging in color from swirls of pink and purple, fiery red and orange, bright gold, forest green, sickly white, and icy blue. You take one gentle pawstep towards the stones, and the feeling of static builds in the air, setting your whiskers on end. The light reflecting in the orbs grows brighter, and it’s almost as if a little voice is begging you to come closer, to touch one of the stones before leaving…




➤ Take a moment to examine all of the stones more closely
➤ Touch the large teal stone
➤ Touch the soothing pink and purple stone
➤ Touch the fiery red and orange stone
➤ Touch the warm golden stone
➤ Touch the forest green stone
➤ Touch the sickly white stone
➤ Touch the icy blue stone
AmaranthineRain's avatar
Stravag looks around the forest she and the pup have been sheltering in since escaping the underground arena. The trees here are nothing like the forest she remembers from her puppyhood. These are darker and the animals here are quieter. The best part, at least according to Stravag, is the lack of human and handler-type traffic. Jinanu has known nothing but the arena since birth and has been spending most of the day rolling in the grass, biting sticks, racing through flower beds and bushes, and generally rubbing against all the textures she was missing underground.

Today, however, something here feels...off. Jinanu is pressed so close to Stravag during a walk that she is nearly under the tawny female. 

When they enter the grove of oddly-shaped trees Stravag slows. At the edge of the clearing she stops and Jinanu weaves under her to peek out from between the older female's forelegs. 

"Vag, where are we?"

Stravag does not know and yet the name comes to her all the same: the Seven Stones. "It's a shrine."

The dust here has not been disturbed since before Stravag was born. The afternoon light catches on some dull stones set around the clearing. Stravag spends little time studying the symbols etched into the fronts of them - she had no knowledge of the words that stay. She did know this was a place of magic, and the slight vibration of energy under her paws and the static in the air around her tells her there is still power here. 

A desire to touch the stones makes Stravag balk immediately. It has not been long enough since she was under the control of others and she does not relish feeling a lack of choice this soon - or ever again for that matter. Still, it seems the magic has wrapped around her from the paws up and will not relinquish her until she has stared one of the stones down...


➤ Take a moment to examine all of the stones more closely
TokoEvents's avatar

You approach the stones, taking the time to look over each one in turn. All of them give off a different aura, promising you the answers to questions you never had. 


The teal stone and the orb radiates power, enticing you to touch and learn the secrets of all. 


The swirling pink and purple stone heats up the air around your paw. The heat is lovely, promising you protection and safety. 


The fiery red and orange stone evokes emotions of confidence unsurpassed. If you touch this stone, then power unmatched could be yours.


The gold orb smells faintly of the forest. The air sets your instincts alight with flashes of running paws.  


The forest green sphere fills the air with a faint and soothing buzzing. Peace is the only word you can find to describe the feeling.  


The white orb fills your ears with laughter and a sense of urgency. Something old and familiar is hidden within the powers of this rock. 


And finally, the blue stone radiates a feeling of extreme cold. The feeling is both energizing and humbling at the same time.


All of the stones promise you knowledge, power, or purpose; but which one will you touch?




➤ Touch the large teal stone

➤ Touch the soothing pink and purple stone

➤ Touch the fiery red and orange stone

➤ Touch the warm golden stone

➤ Touch the forest green stone

➤ Touch the sickly white stone

➤ Touch the icy blue stone

AmaranthineRain's avatar
LoRE - Prologue by AmaranthineRain
additional story/RP reply in comments^

➤ Touch the soothing pink and purple stone
TokoEvents's avatar


Your skin heats up upon contact with the orb. Warmth like a blanket covers your body and mind at the same time. The feeling reminds you of a mother’s hug and saps away any energy you had to fight off the embrace. You slump to the ground engulfed in the comforting thoughts of laughter and warmth. As you feel like you are about to drown in the heat, the warmth fades, leaving you safe on the ground. 


You open your eyes to find yourself outside the circle of stones, with a small talisman wrapped around your ankle. 


Sun Chaser Talisman by TokoTime

1 x Sun Chaser Talisman has been added to your event inventory.


"Oh-ho! You are a sharp one, I knew you would find your way to me. If you need my help, use this talisman, and I will run to your side!"


Your tokota has been aligned to the light spirit of Sikrinerk! You may choose to use this talisman to call upon them for aid whenever you see a Star (
).


SIDE QUEST: Your tokota has found the shrine of the Seven Stones, and has touched one, drawing the attention of one of the greater spirits. Draw or write about their encounter with the stones and their reaction to the spirit that has chosen them. Were they expecting this spirit, or are they surprised to find themselves allied with them? You can find the complete rules for side quests here.


You have now completed the Prologue! You may proceed to Chapter 1

Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In