Insano-Contest Winner Is...
|10 min read
Insano-Contest Winner Announced
Final Edit - Winner Announced
Thanks to everyone who submitted pieces to this contest, and I apologize for the delay in judging and prize issuance!
This user will receive a year's subscription to deviantART, and she has elected to share the other portion of her winnings with j0an4 who will also receive a one year deviantART subscription.
Thanks again everyone!
End Edit 7
Begin Edit 7
Well, the contest is over, and I have five entries:
If your name isn't on this list, and you expected it to be there, PLEASE tell me now. Once judging is complete and I announce a winner, it's over.
End Edit 7
Begin Edit 6
Okay, so we have five entries as of the time that I write this, and you pretty much have one more day until the contest is over. SO, if you've been waiting for the other folks to submit their pieces, it's time...submit now! Read the rules below and if you win...two year-long subscriptions to deviantART!
(Please read below for details.)
End Edit 6
Begin Edit 5
Just received the fifth entry (thank you Spotted101!) and decided I needed to finish this contest off so I can start thinking about my next contest!
New rules: I think setting an artificial bar of "ten entries required" just keeps people from submitting their piece until the number of entries gets closer to the required limit. I'm sure there's something to that...but now, regardless of the previously posted rules, the contest will end on September 30, 2008, voting will proceed during that week, and the prizes will be dished out shortly thereafter.
End Edit 5
Begin Edit 4
Okay, this contest has stalled a bit, but that's not a big deal. Bigger hammer time! The original contest prize was a one year deviantART subscription for yourself or a friend. How about one for you (or a friend) and ANOTHER for you (or a friend). You can keep TWO, keep one give away one, or give away TWO! So, please read through the rules below and submit a piece soon, so we can get the ten submissions we need to finish this contest off
End Edit 4
Begin Edit 3
We've only received FOUR entries for the Insano-Contest and I've set a minimum of TEN so...enter soon or else the contest will keep going on forever and that would be sad.
Looks like I made my 40,000 pageviews sometime over the weekend, thanks to friends like you (yes YOU!) and random visitors like these nice folks over here. *Points* See? Ooh, and you don't have to be on my friends list to enter this or any other of my contests, no siree!
End Edit 3
Begin Edit 2
We now have FOUR entries in the Insano-Contest! Just head down below to the list...the last two are the latest!
End Edit 2
Begin Edit 1
Just wanted to let everyone know that there are two contest entries submitted as of this very moment! I won't post the art here until all of the submissions are entered, but I will give a list of the folks who have submitted pieces so far....
End Edit 1
Contestants List Begins
First to submit stays on the top, so submit early to be listed sooner!
Contestants List End
Yes, it's time for another contest....
* Let's start with the prize: a one year subscription to deviantART for you or a friend, acquaintance, lover, enemy or total stranger...your choice! Please SPECIFY this in advance this time...it's a part of the contest.
* You must not currently have a subscription, OR the person you will be donating the subscription to must not currently be subscribed. Please don't create a new account and say that it's not you...if I find out, I will be sad, and you probably won't win.
* The contest will run until I receive at least ten entries. Yes...ten entries. I will count them, and when I have ten (10), I will then tell everyone the official contest end date, and when the subscription will be issued...probably the next payday after the contest ends, but who knows?
* All you have to do is one, some or all of the following: 1) tell me in a public written piece why you deserve - or your selected subscription donor deserves - this subscription. The better the reason, the better your chances. 2) make a piece of visual art of any size, shape or type - as long as you can capture it digitally and post it on your dA account - that describes, defines, explains or epitomizes why you deserve/need/want (or your donation recipient deserves/needs/wants) this subscription.
* All pieces MAY be in either your Scraps or your Gallery - but they must be in YOUR dA account, you must be the author/artist, and it must stay up from the period you submit the note to me with a link to the piece (please state somewhere in the Subject line of the note that it's for the Insano-Contest, please!) until I announce the winner of the contest. I also usually put thumbnails and links in my journal to all the pieces for an undetermined time (usually until the next contest, or until I'm bored of seeing them all), so if you'd like exposure, keep them up for awhile.
* The contest starts today (Thursday, January 31, 2008) and ends...well, see the contest rules above!
Reader's Digest (Which, in retrospect, ended up being close to the same length as the full bullet-point version above!):
Make a piece of art or write something, make it public in your dA account, send me a private Note with a link to the piece of artwork and keep the artwork up until the contest is judged. You must state either in the note, or in the piece of art somewhere, whether the prize will go to you, or someone else...and describe why you or someone else needs/wants/deserves it. Contest ends at some point after I receive no less than ten (10) entries. Whomever is to receive the one year gift subscription to dA must not currently be subscribed to dA. I think it's most important that the person in question not be subscribed at the time of the Note submittal - as this contest may last longer than it takes for someone to get a subscription by some other means - however, I will take the final "state" into account when judging...so be forewarned!
Any questions please post them here, in public, as comments. I've been asked this question a lot so to answer in advance: I do not like looking at pieces (finished or not) prior to submission. Keep things to yourself until you send me the final private Note with a link to the finished piece. I like to be fair to my contestants, and helping people make things better, or giving them ideas, or choosing between one idea/piece or another is not fair to other people. So...yeah. Questions and answers in public.
Feel free to tell folks about this contest, as anyone is eligible to submit a piece!
Keep in mind that if you currently have a dA subscription, and you might be expiring real soon (like, let's say before the end of the contest) you can risk asking for it for yourself, and if you've expired by the end of the contest, that's cool...but, it's all random, and timing, and there has to be some luck in it, right?
This contest is more of a reminder that I love all of my friends and fellow-artists and here's hoping for a positive, prolific and fun-filled 2008!
Yes, after a few months, it's time to clear out the journal. Topic of discussion? What inspires you to create art? Have you ever had a dry spell? What got you out of it? Are dry spells bad, or a useful part of the process? :heart: :thumb23115756: :thumb40546791: :thumb36362006: :heart:
You can totally join this contest, because there are only a few entries so far, and it's not going to end any time soon...which is sad, but it WILL end eventually. Tell your friends, promote it, and as soon as I get ten entries, it'll be judging time.