|More Journal Entries|
A warm welcome to all new members and a great big THANK-YOU! for all the wonderful submissions to our gallery!
If you have anything to share that would benefit the group, such as contests, exhibitions, news, etc., please feel free to write me or Deragonmaji a note and we'll get it up!
1. No rude, lewd, sexually explicit or excessively violent artwork please. Nudes, partial nudes and mild-to-moderate sexual or violent content is fine, so long as the appropriate warnings are in place.
2. We welcome artists of all levels. The limit is 5 submissions per week.
3. No screenshots, please.
4. Traditional drawings should be scanned. No photos of your works or poor quality of presentation. With exception of oil paintings.
5. Blatant plagiarism=automatic removal from the group. This is also kind of illegal, so it's not a good idea in any sense.
6. Illustration, by definition should do one of two basic things: tell(or help to tell) a story or explain/clarify/support a concept. Illustration helps audiences to visualize/understand the words and concepts around them. What is or isn't illustration is largely debatable, but please keep this definition in mind when submitting.
Acceptance or declining of works is based on these criteria. If you feel your work was wrongly declined, please feel free to send a note and we will explain our reasoning to you.
Other than that, that's it! Happy Illustrating!