I was tagged by caat
to provide 8 facts about my character, Alex.
It's been a while so let's see what I come up with.
1. Alex was originally created 10 years ago when I was in university, just as an off-hand doodle to vent my frustration with an animation puppet I was building at the time. --> Currently...
2. Alex originally had no neck. I wan't sure how to draw them at the time. This remained as part of his design until I decided I wanted to be able to make a model of him. This kind of relied on his head being attached in some way and I didn't want to have it held up by a piece of wire or something similar.
3. He is perpetually 19 years old. What can I say? He's a cartoon character so he doesn't age.
4. I have no idea what Alex technically is. He certainly isn't human what with lacking a nose, proper hair, or nipples but he's not exactly his own species either and he shares a lot of other human features. I guess he just *is*. The only other character I have to fit this design is his best mate Phillip.
5. While I have only ever drawn Alex in his red sweater and jeans combo, or swimwear, he does have at least 4 other outfits that I have never actually put to paper. I did start a picture documenting them all 8 years ago but it still hasn't been completed yet. It's on my ever-growing list of images to finish/draw.
6. Alex can be quite egotistical. He likes to be the centre of attention and can become quite petty and annoyed if someone steals the limelight from him. One of the main reasons he is friends with Phillip, despite their differences, is because it means he always has someone to show off to.
7. In his spare time Alex enjoys working out, listening to music, and playing video games.
8. It has been shown
that Alex is aware of my existence as his artist and he doesn't like it when I contact him out of the blue to draw him in unusual situations or settings.
I would like to tag:-