Deviant since Jun 14, 2006 | Core Member until Dec 7, 2019
Comics and World-Building
This is the place where you can personalize your profile!
By moving, adding and personalizing widgets.
You can drag and drop to rearrange.
You can edit widgets to customize them.
The bottom has widgets you can add!
Some widgets you can only access when you get Core Membership.
Some widgets have options that are only available when you get Core Membership.
We've split the page into zones!
Certain widgets can only be added to certain zones.
"Why," you ask? Because we want profile pages to have freedom of customization, but also to have some consistency. This way, when anyone visits a deviant, they know they can always find the art in the top left, and personal info in the top right.
Don't forget, restraints can bring out the creativity in you!
Now go forth and astound us all with your devious profiles!
Thank you so much for following my comic and artwork and supporting me over the years! Even if you stop by for just a little while, I appreciate your time!
I want to thank everyone for watching me ahead of time! I usually leave a nice comment on everyone's pages, but unfortunately I've been too busy to do that lately. But I DO look at the galleries of every person who watches me and you all have stunning, amazing work! Please never stop being awesome and growing
Greetings, I'm Filly! I am an artist with a passion for sequential art and world-building. When I'm not slaving over comics I'm developing characters, species, and worlds for a wide range of stories. You can find comics and concepts of many of my stories in my gallery. Sadly, I have more ideas than time to do them but I try my best! I love to post my works online so maybe you guys can enjoy them as much as I do.
My stories typically star alien characters and I love to explore the themes of religion, culture, and faith.
I am also a SCAD Alum with a BFA in Sequential Arts. Spring 2018.
Feel free to drop me a comment if you'd like to get to know me! I try to respond to every comment I get, even if I may be slow at doing so! Don't be shy; I don't bite!
Favorite moviesWatership Down | Little Shop of Horrors | Jurassic Park series | Cloverfield | ALIENFavorite TV showsInvader Zim | Squidbillies | Archer | Bob's Burgers | The Walking DeadFavorite bands / musical artistsRED | Family Force 5 | Skillet | VariedFavorite booksWatership Down | Out of the Silent Planet | Perelandra | A Wind in the Door | ITFavorite gamesSly Cooper | Bayonetta | Carnivores | Saint's Row | Ico | The Last GuardianFavorite gaming platformPC | PS2 | PS3Tools of the TradeMechanical Pencils | Micron Pens | Scanner | Photoshop | Clip Studio Paint | Bamboo Capture TabletOther InterestsWriting | Concept Art | Animation | Photography
1. Jacky's full name is Jacqueline and I can't remember how often I say that. Anyway, I named her after a girl I went to school with in middle school because I thought it was a cool name/nickname combination. But now it's kinda awkward because I have a coworker named Jackie and it took me a few to not think of my character first LOL Now I don't even associate the two. Which is good because I wouldn't wanna work with my Jacky.
2. She has the purest bloodline of the sibling group with both parents being full-blooded Royals. She is likely the result of an affair, as it's quite common for children of lovers to be discarded, though it's more common between RoyalxCommoner "oopsies" than royalty.
3. Her hair is 100% natural. Yellow/green combo is actually not uncommon. Queen Matieka has the same color combo (no they are not related).
4. Jacky started out as the canonical offspring of a now-scrapped character in Calestine Princess named Leena who was a commoner and basically looked exactly the same as her except tan. I was going to find you guys a picture but my old Freewebs site exploded and I don't feel like digging through my external harddrive LOL
5. This is probably her theme song:
6. She actually super-duper hates people thinking she's part-commoner because it makes her feel inferior, but she never voices it because she doesn't want her siblings (which all have lesser bloodlines) to be offended.
7. She seems like the dumb spoiled type (because she is) but she's actually pretty smart. She was equal to an A-student and she has some hidden skills in sciences. But her problem is she didn't care enough so she retained little and had/has no motivation to pursue it because when you're a rich royal who's husband is your main income source, what's the point? Uhhh Jacky... my dear...
1. Kailani's name is Hawaiian apparently. I picked her name from a website that used to be called PetNamesWorld.com or something and that's how I named most of my characters for a period of time because it gave cool meanings behind each one and teen me was all YEAH I'MMA BE COOL. I don't remember what Kailani means but Google tells me "Sea and Sky" so okay. (I also met a mutual at SCAD who's last name was Calanii but pronounced the same and thought that was rad).
2. She doesn't really express it much in the comic so far, but she likes cuddles and physical affection with those she's close to.
3. She has a learning disability and can't read or write very well and has trouble retaining specific facts and information. She's very embarrassed about it. But NEW CANON FACT THAT CAME UP IN A CHAT, she totally 100% "writes" really saucy Mystic Pony Planet fanfics through like a Dragon software. Oh SNAP.
4. Oppositely, she's skilled at a lot of things, particularly physical activities which she is very fond of (sports-type things for example). She's also very good at solving puzzles!
5. Her lanive tail is quite heavy and cumbersome. Lanive tails are usually fairly flexible and partly prehensile/muscular, but due to her having two other tails, the lanive one has limited mobility. It's actually fairly common for Ambivians with more tails to lose dexterity in them due to the nerves/muscles weakening to accommodate, and the lanive tail fell especially victim to this. She could move it a lot more easily when she was younger, before her other tails grew in. (Fun fact 5.5, her other two tails probably wouldn't move as much either but I like to draw them dynamic because it looks nice in compositions and idk it's fun SUE ME)
6. She had a theme song but I can't remember what it was so here's a theme song for her to Feddy that's cute AF for them tell me I'm wrong
7. Kailani has gone through the most design changes of all the cast, I believe. Things I've changed on her this far:
Pink stripes in her hair became canonically dyed and were washed out despite initially being natural (RIP)
Her fox-shaped tail became another cat-shaped tail.
Her cat-shaped tails went from red and black to blue, and the old fox-shaped one had spots added
Her lanive tail used to have iguana spikes on it, but were removed
Sickle claws on her inner toes were changed to lil dewclaws
Antennae were green/black and just became green
She became chubby because she was already supposed to be but I failed and still fail at accurately portraying her body type aaahhh
8. I've probably explained this before a few times, but Kailani was a tube baby. This means, no, a Lanive and an Ambivian did not partner up to make her naturally. Here's a cool chart to learn more!