"When the lights go out is when I really start to shine."
So, here is this year's airbrushing project of mine!
I made a journal, many months ago, March or something... that I had an idea for a T-shirt. And, well, this is it!
The actual process of making it wasn't too bad, although I practiced a few times before this.
I also have an "official" version of this on paper.
Some of the main differences between this shirt and the paper one are that I used more "rainbow colors" on the background here, and this one glows in the dark.
It looks really nice when it glows, but I've found out that when you try to take a picture of glow in the dark you just get the dark part. And when the flash is on it gets the reflectiveness off of the planets, where it mainly glows. :/
I really should've taken this picture after I ironed it... and in dimmer light, the lighting in that room is extremely bright, but I took the shot with my art teacher's camera because it's better. Oh well.
I might end up changing the Jupiter looking planet... I don't like the highlight that I used on it to cover something else up...
So, no glow in the dark picture anytime soon. Phooey.
One main difference between this and the Day Lilly airbrushing is that the Lilly was referenced from a photo, while for this one I got a couple of pictures of what outer space looks like to get some ideas/inspiration, but when it came time for the shirt I didn't use them directly, so this was much more imaginative (although, once again, it was for 4-H so I had an art teacher).
Time: Approx. 8 hours (about the same amount of time as the airbrushed flower from last year!)
Paper version: [link]