Well, my first hand drawn thing on this site (I think. I'm feeling a bit loopy as I type this.) These are doodles for the Emblems of my RWBY OC Team, Team KNUS. What the hell does that stand for? Well, the name is derived from the word "Canus", which is Latin for "White Silver, Hoary"
and similar meanings. Their symbols aren't the only ones here, though. A few belong to mythological figures and two belong to (potential) antagonists. Lets go over these in order, shall we?
1. Kaimana Canus Doran: Yep, the Team got their name from his middle one. When I created him, I wanted to give him something to stand out from the crowd. One trait being his eyes (they have central heteriochromia
), the other being an item he carries. The latter is a... unique key-shaped thingie. It's mostly seen as a trinket for now. As for the design, it was heavily inspired by art for a poster
for Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui
. The head of the key is based off of the astronomical symbol for Pluto. If memory serves, it represents mystery or secrets, the search for hidden truths, and rebirth to name a few. Kaimana certainly has some secrets under his sleeves, as does his bloodline. The working name for it are either "Warped Secret
" or "Pluto's Cloak
" (I turned down the ones written down on the sheet).
2. Natsumi Tuemessia: The second member of the team, partner to the above character (and future love interest). She's an allusion to the Kitsune (or at least, the offspring of them), so she possesses their mischievous traits. She's a snow-fox Faunus with a Semblance that changes depending on the season. Colder ones grant her limited control over Ice, warmer ones over Air/Wind. It's name is currently "Protean", for those wondering, and no, this was created before the Maidens were revealed. Her Emblem is meant to represent the Kitsune, with the number of tails representing her age-group and power-level (max being nine). The current working name for it is "Mischievous Fox
3. Ualan Kenneth Ferrer: The third member of the team; local mechanic, brawler, ship-master, and fellow prankster/partner-in-crime of Natsumi. His Semblance is "Biomechanics", which allows the user to manipulate mechanical objects. As for his symbol, well... here's a funny story. He originally drew a bit of inspiration from Hephaestus, the Greek god of metalworking and fire. He was gonna have mechanical legs, but one of my friends beat me to the punchline (and this was also before Volume 3 came about). He's now loosely connected to the figure in regards some type of disfigurement (He was born with a missing arm), and has to use antiquated tech to make up for it. His symbol involved the use of a Quail feather, which is still part of the description for him (for now). Working names for it are "Clockwork Quail
" and "Feather In Gears
4.Seti Koene: The final member of the team. A mute tribal from the deserts of Vacuo, he has to rely on Telepathy (or "Inner Voice", as it's called) to communicate with others. His trailer hasn't been released as of this typing (I blame writer's block and this cold for that), so this could be a bit of a sneak peek into him. He draws influence from early depictions of the Egyptian god Set. believe it or not, he was more benevolent in the ancient times, and I think a god of love to boot. He would've had some red in his colorscheme, but his teammate and Partner above uses red-and-browns. He's currently using colors like yellow and tan, but I may try to sneak red into it somewhere. His symbols are "Dust Devil
" (he has Dust Tattoos) and "Outcast's Burden
5. Next up is one potential antagonist, and it's a humanization (or Faunus-zation) of my BIONICLE MOC, Cigol
. His name is Kehribar Volucris, and he acts as an information broker and mad scientist behind the scenes, having robots gather data and spy on people of interest for him. His first symbol is basically based off of this LEGO piece
right here, and was actually conceived by
. The second one is basically an aerial headshot of his bonkle incarnation in a stylized form. No name for either of these, so suggestions would be nice.
6. Next up is the first fanon mythological figure of mine, The King In Iron. Legends depict him as a pioneer in cybernetics, and ruled a steampunk-esq Kingdom centuries ago. Of course, he had a buncha skeletons in his closet, and did attempt to obtain immorality before his death. The current name for his mark is "Eternal Clockwork
7. Yet another figure; Ynzomiux, the Dream-Walker. This cyclopian entity is said to wander through a pocket dimension that connects sleeping individuals, devouring their dreams and leaving them in blank nightmares. Such sites generate a great deal of negativity, and we all know company are drawn to such things. No name for this emblem yet, just doodles.
8. Oh, just the mark of a fallen evil overlord who possessed umbrakinesis. Legends say that the source of his powers was the Crown of Shadows
, which shares its name with his Emblem. A pale witch and an emerald wizard confronted and destroyed his body in battle. His soul fled into the crown, but that was broken into a hundred little pieces to ensure he'd bother anyone again. The fragments were scattered to the winds after that, and none have heard from him. Of course, legends don't always tell the full truth, and each has their own... reflections.
9. The Theater/Circus of Illusion; a traveling pack of actors and performers who have a love for the macabre and the beauty in darkness. Behind closed curtains they hunt devourers of dreams, such as Ynzomiux. And they aren't shy about probing folks' dreams in their hunt for such beings. No name for their organization's Emblem yet.
So which version of each symbol is y'alls favorite? I'm considering cropping and coloring some of these Emblems in Photoshop for later use, so I'd like to hear some feedback before I do so. Some of these aren't fully serious, so they might not get used at all. If you have any questions, leave a comment below. Now if you excuse me....