Hello once again, fellow Thedosians!
In our most recent poll, I asked what kind of event you wanted us to host next here at Ages-of-Thedas. A massive 67% of you voted for another Surprise Art Exchange. So, another Surprise Art Exchange you shall have!
If you've done this before, it's the exact same event as our previous two. If you're a new participant, the idea is like a Secret Santa event; you make a wish for an art piece you want created, I do a little artist-pairing magic behind the scenes, and you get surprised with your request.
If you would like to participate in this event, please comment below with the following information:
1) A statement that you are willing to fully participate in the event - this includes making art for others, not just wanting art made for you!
2) Your art request - please keep it relatively simple and make sure everything is clear. Links to descriptions, references, etc. are required. If you are open to literary interpretations of your request, please let us know.
3) The medium in which you specialize - fic writers are welcome and encouraged to participate. Listing medium will help me more appropriately pair artists.
The deadline for signup is Sunday, March 5th. After that point, I'll start sending out notes to all participants, and we can begin.
Let's spread some more Dragon Age good cheer, shall we?
Gift: DAI-Mastery of FearTitle: Mastery of Fear (Oneshot)
Game: Dragon Age: Inquisition
Characters: Female Trevelyan, Cullen Rutherford, Josephine Montilyet, Leliana, Civen (OC-Mention), First Enchanter Lydia (OC-Mention), Alain Trevelyan (OC-Mention)
Pairing: Cullen x Trevelyan
Word Count: 1,938
Note: This piece is my contribution to the art exchange hosted by Ages-of-Thedas. My recipient is Captain-Savvy.
Disclaimer: Anything relating to the Dragon Age universe belongs to BioWare and EA Games.
The moment that Alora Trevelyan stepped into the war room, she knew something was amiss.
Prior to her entrance, her advisors were huddled on the opposite side of the table, heads joined as they attempted to keep their voices low. As soon as the heavy wooden door creaked open, they pulled away from each other and straightened to face her, each wearing matching g
23) - :thumb672066082:
2. I'd like a romantic scene or portrait of my Inquisitor and Lelianna
3. I draw digitally, and can do landscapes or portraits.
1) I would like to participate in this wonderful event!
2) I would like to see some romance art of my male dalish Grey Warden with his love interest, Zevran or funny scene with Warden and his mabari
There is one reference of Warden in my gallery: silva-minstrel.deviantart.com/…
And few screenshot from game: pp.userapi.com/c626117/v626117…
And design of faithful mabari: silva-minstrel.deviantart.com/…
3) I prefer to do digital art, because my English is very bad to write fanfiction for everyone I can draw one character or couple. I can't draw more than two characters in time. You can see examples of my work here: silva-minstrel.deviantart.com/…
- I'd like some art of my Cousland Brandan and Zevran. Everything is ok! As soon as it isn't too much nsfw or gore-y, everything is fine, really. A portrait, a scene of them while they travel, at the camp, Brandan braiding Zev's hair, simple stuff like this! Even just Zevran or Brandan is okay too! I would be very happy
Here a link to my Dropbox folder goo.gl/aQ3CTR with Brandan references (face claims, scars, drawings of mine, irl hair reference, screenshots etc etc)
And here's a link to my document goo.gl/vYBTtt since I haven't posted anything about him on the net, with a personality description and his relationship with Zevran.
If you need something you can send me anonimous questions on my tumblr (prayfortheinquisitor.tumblr.com)! Or if you want to reveal yourself we can talk via direct message there or on twitter at @/hhawkeward (I don't know how to use dA honestly)
If you'd like to challenge yourself a fic is good too! But as I said, since I haven't posted anything in particular, it won't be easy.
If everything fails, I'd be happy with FenHawke! (Fenris and Garrett, yes I prefer Garrett) Domestic scenes are my weakness. I also like SO MUCH the headcanon that Garrett is like super tall. I also like the tattooist!Garrett AU for some reason. Also awkward Garrett. Yes. Thank you!
- I am specialized in digital art! Portraits or simple scenarios please! No nsfw and battle scenes. A little gore (like scratches and such), simple backgrounds is ok! I'm better at drawing men, but I do both! No complex armor please, my schedule is so busy...........
Thank you so much everyone!
2.) i'd like something cute and romance-y of either: my lavellan and dorian, or my warden and zevran, ooorrr my other warden and morrigan !! (ack, sorry if this is like. too many options ;; )
3.) i do digital art! i'll draw a pairing (nothing nsfw) or a simple headshot of a character! :00c
2)I would like some art of my warden Gruia Aeducan with his love interest, Zevran. I have some screenshots of him in the character creator without a beard. The Origins character creator won't let you modify the jaw and lips of a dwarf if you give them a long beard. He does wear his beard long like Harrowmont.
3)I work traditionally, usually with pen and ink. I can do character portraits and full illustrations with one or multiple characters. You can see all my Dragon Age related art here.
1) What is Gruia's personality like?
2) If they were to draw these characters full-body, what armor would Gruia have?
3) Is there a specific height for the characters that you have envisioned?
2)He's a rogue so anything leathery and light. He couldn't afford to be picky during the blight.
3)He's of average height for a dwarf.
2.)Hmmm, I think I'd like a romance piece of my inquisitor and Cullen since I have yet to do that on my own time and I'd love to see what someone else would come up with c:
3.) I do digital art, I'm willing to do most things [including nsfw xD] but backgrounds are generally a thing I'm not good at so if you'd like I can try with those as well but no guarantees
Eve is generally a very quiet person and enjoys spending time alone wandering the battlements watching for any trouble. She is quite distrustful and it takes a lot for her to become comfortable around people. She is however, easily angered when her friends or loved ones are threatened as she is very protective of the ones she's allowed herself to get close to. She's ruthless when it comes to enemies and has very little self preservation. Although when it comes to the ones she loves she is very sweet and caring, albeit sometimes very forward with the flirting.
[sorry, as short as I could compress it down ]
As to their relationship I'd say Eve is generally the more forward one and likes to sort of tease Cullen (out of love of course !) But otherwise I'd say they have a very loving/close relationship c:
1) I'd love to participate again, I love that idea c:
2) I'd love fanart, with my Warden and Morrigan, or my Inqusitor with Dorian - yup pairing again! c: Something funny, or something perhaps romantic, that's no matter, just draw what you prefer!
a. My Warden, Alden (elf, mage): sta.sh/21ya3yk4wmmt
b. My Inqusitor, Felix (human, mage): sta.sh/21zzlrv2b7as
3) I prefer digital art. Pairing or one character, what you want :3 I'm not very good at detailed backgrounds, (so I will draw something very simple on them), battle scenes and hardcore NSFW stuff, lol.
As for what I'd like, here's a few links for each of my OCs:
Embra Amell: sekhmet-heart.tumblr.com/tagge…;
Asharis Lavellan: sekhmet-heart.tumblr.com/post/…
V Trevelyan: sekhmet-heart.tumblr.com/tagge…
I'd love a drawing of any one of them, or writing too! I've never had writing made for my characters.
1. Anything with the Venatori, really. Specifically a certain smuggler mage that you can fight at the Western Approach that you can possibly recruit for the Inquisition... Pretty much this guy
2. Francis Trevelyan. My Inquisitor. I haven't posted much art of him but he's the green haired one in the ones that have two people: Emoji art challenge , Emoji art challenge 2 and Francis Trevalyan - before / after
3. Even though I haven't met him in-game in Origins, Zevran! :'D
As for what I can offer art-wise, I usually do my sketches on paper but everything else is done digitally. My lined work typically looks like this Grumpy +emoji art challenge+ and this Blue +birthday art+ and my lineless work (while I'm still getting the hang of) might look like this Prompto Argentum +gift art+ I can also do bust, waist up and full body art. Most of my backgrounds will be simple because that's a whole level of figuring out perspective and placement of character(s) that will make sense. You can also check out my art blog on Tumblr here but keep in mind that I currently have older works in queue in mix with some of the more recent pieces that I finished, art references and responses to other people there!
1. I am all for this. I can totally participate in it and promise to fulfill my end of the exchange.
2. I would adore getting something of my Inquisitor Chelle Trevelyan and Varric (because I'm one of those thirsty Dwarf loving players). Romantic/fluffy adorable stuff is the best be it art or a lit piece, but I am a big sucker for that cliche of 'what I don't like him, why do you think I like him? You don't stare at people longingly for no reason at all too? You're weird. Stop being weird...what did he say about me?'
There is a folder for Chelle in my gallery but here is a tumblr link to her full outfit designs and such: thegillyfox.tumblr.com/post/15… (there is also a lot of art of her on that tumblr than here on dA but be mindful that some is NSFW. That's all tagged thought)
3. I specialize in digital media. I am better at drawing women than I am men but I do both. I can as well do SIMPLE backgrounds (unless something hits me and I get crazy and something amazing just happens. I never draw anything less than half-body and can do everything from romantic to action to angst to straight up foolishness.
2) I would like to have my inquisitor drawn (sta.sh/220kmr09x8rb?edit=1), a default fem hawke/anders pairing or a fun scene with alistair and another DAO companion.
3) I specialize in traditional portraits but I'd be okay if I needed to draw a full body piece. I do mostly watercolour, sometimes ink and marker or digital. Pencil drawings are fine too!
Nothing too smutty >.<
Depends on the artist.
If they are comfortable doing a cute artwork with both my Inquisitor and her LI then I would prefer that. (something adorable and not pg 18) =3
If not, then just my Inquisitor alone would be fine
I would like whatever is available (really, it can be drawing, chibi, fic, tarot card, I don't mind which at all) featuring either of my Inquisitors with or without their love interest, just ask specifics and I can provide a set/scene or just references of character and appearance (I'm trying to be as helpful here as possible).
I don't know exactly what kind of piece I will make, since I'm in between styles, but it will be a digital drawing (could be color or not) and I can do single character or pairing (just characters, no background, though it can be some sort of scene).
Caelestis: Female Human, Mage, Cullen. She's good by nature, always kind, generous and helpful to others. Neutral to Chantry. Believes in freedom of choice for Mages, but still wouldn't completely disregard the Circle.
Art by me: fav.me/dal51qn and fav.me/da9fhkv (NSFW)
Niniel: Female Elven, Mage, Solas. Shes dubious and not too trusting, but tries to be fair. Loves her Dalish culture and Magic. Believes in freedom of choice for Mages. Chaos for everyone! x9
Art by me: fav.me/dald27q and fav.me/da8eee0
Maeglin: Male Elven, Mage, Dorian. He's laid back, likes to tease and laugh. Neutral to his Dalish culture. Believes in freedom of choice, provided you're proven you can choose well.
Art by me: fav.me/daldrql and others fav.me/dahsego
If you need me to be more descriptive about any of them, just ask!
I can provide physical description if refs aren't enough and rough backstory (before game) if needed too
1) I'm fully willing to participate in the event! I really loved it last time, and I love doing art for others. I promise not to flake out on my part of the exchange.
2) I would love something featuring my Inquisitor, Knight-Enchantress Alora Trevelyan, and her LI Cullen. I'd be happy with art but I would love a lit piece. I would really enjoy something angsty, with drama, hurt/comfort or battle. I have an idea for a particular scene in mind if someone would be up for it, but I'm not going to be super picky or demanding... I want whoever works on it to have fun. So, unless they would like me to give specifics, I'll leave it up to them.
Here are some references and information about Alora: sta.sh/21bt4hwg49aj
3) I specialize in digital art. I would like to offer an illustrated scene like one of these:
2. Anything with Sera and Solas, not romantic but otherwise be free with it.
3. I draw digitally and would be comfortable with any OCs or DA characters, but I mostly draw Solas if that matters
2) I love any Solavellan art, I'm super crazy about it at the moment. But other couples I would enjoy are Fenris/f!Hawke or Inquisitor/Sera. Iron Bull with Dorian or a female Inquisitor (your choice of Inquisitor?) is okay too. There are references of my inquisitors and Hawke in my gallery, under the 'Dragon Age' folder. I'm fine with NSFW stuff, if that helps.
3) I specialize in traditional art. I predominantly use marker, with a little watercolor and ink. I don't consider myself a digital artist, but I've done digital art before. My style is a blend of anime, minimalism, and realism (I think?). (Oh, I also write smutty trash sometimes 0///0 My pen name on Fanfiction is Aristeia de Luca!)
2. I'd like a draw of one of my inquisitors! either skell, nana, or ayrre. It's up to whoever ends up drawing them :^)
I'll drop some refs here but when you team me up (if needed) ask for more and I'll go ham with refs. I've got... like... 1 billion refs of my sweet children. The pros of playing on pc lmfao
skellyskooo.tumblr.com/post/15… (how i draw her and her 'canon' appearance i guess? not much different from in game but her hair is fluffier mfgf)
68.media.tumblr.com/82c2ec9bda… (same as skell w/the "canon" appearance stuff vs in game. he's just got longer bangs than what dragon age is willing to give me also im too lazy to do the forehead bits of his vallaslin so. haha. cover that shit with bangs amirite)
sta.sh/0p7zeeef2np (goof face but good ref for his eyeballs)
And here's nana!
sta.sh/0183s9l0rhr1 (goofy face.. i love her...)
3. I'll draw u stuff! It'll probably be a bust but I miiight get carried away and go for halfbody- it just depends on how I'm feelin'. I'll contact you in the notes if I decide to go all-out.
1 character max! Bg is included, but it's like. patterny stuff. Take a peek at my gallery if you want an idea of what I do!
It can be a player character, or a canon character, or just a fan character in general :^) just make sure to provide me with ref for non-canon characters!
Skell uses the battlemage armor (masterwork i think?) with a white coat and red accents; screenshots here: sta.sh/21rogce8r6t4?edit=1
Nana uses. Prowler armor I think? All blacks and greys; screenshots here: sta.sh/22fwkcghinof?edit=1
and Ayrre's in-game armor is whatever I plop on him, its pretty close to nana's. Currently it's blue/white/green; screenshot here: sta.sh/21loa8616bof?edit=1
and as for color schemes, I have their palettes for like. Skin and hair and such? But it's really up to the artist on if they want it to change or not due to lighting. here's their palettes:
2) I would love some more Cullavellan, since that's by far my favorite playthrough out of all the ones I have. Most of the fic and art of my Lavellan is going to be on my Tumblr.
3) I would prefer to limit myself to providing literature this time around, but I am capable of both written and artistic mediums.