1. What is your real name and nickname?
Amal Bitar. I don’t really like nicknames. Also, what kind of nickname can you make from « Amal »? Amou? Malou? I don’t know. My mother calls me Mimo but I can’t tell her not to because she’s my mother.
2. Interesting, what is your current age?
I just turned 19 three weeks ago. June 17th. Spent it with my parents after work, we had cake and juice. Twas cool.
3. What is your favourite food?
Hummus. It’s a lebanese dish dip made from chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. I’m not a fan of meat, so thank God a lot of Lebanese food is plant based.
I make a kick-as hummus by the way.
4. And your favourite drink?
Mango juice. ~So exotic~.
I would say whisky but my (very muslim and very traditional) parents would bestow the anger of Allah down on me.
Mesedu I know you feel me on this one. (lovzars)
5. Confession time: who is your lover?
The work vacuum. Works a lot better than a broom <3
6. Have you kissed anyone yet?
7. Do you have a childhood sweetheart?
No. More of a childhood best friend. She’s the one who kissed me. I didn’t kiss back. Is that mean? Idk.
Anyways we’re not friends anymore, that's a story for another day :’D
8. Who is your favourite author?
Kahlil Gibran. Google him.
9. What is your biggest fear?
Imagine dying old after having worked as a janitor for the past 50 years of your life with nothing to show for your accomplishments when you know you’e smart and resourceful and you could have left a trace of your passage on earth. There’s my biggest fear. Nothing to do with what I’m actually going through in my life right now though.
(I know you can’t actually read sarcasm so… I’m telling you now, that was sarcasm. I'm a janitor.)
10. Any siblings?
No. Damn this interview must be boring for you guys reading. My life isn’t very eventful, sorry about that.
11. Who is your worst enemy?
Do people still have worst ennemies? Didn’t know that was still a thing. None. I like to think of myself as a pacifist.
12. Huh, okay. Who is your best friend?
Don’t have one. Again, my life is boring. Don’t need to keep reminding you guys.
13. What would you do if you met your creator?
Have a beer with her I guess.
14. What do you want to be when you're grown up?
Well… I’ve always wanted to be a state attorney. I’m actually studying to leave my current job as a janitor and get into a good school, admissions are next year. Go big or go home I guess.
15. What is your worst nightmare?
I just want to make something of my life. I want to be productive. What more can I say?
16. What is your life-long dream?
I’m gonna re-direct you to question 14 again.
17. What would you do if your dream came true?
Celebrate with more mango juice. (Whisky, I mean whisky.)
18. Okay, where is your favourite place to relax?
I actually go to the mosque to relax. Although I’m not very religious (not at all actually), I just find that there’s a certain beauty and harmony to that place. I feel at peace.
19. Last question, what do you do most of the time?
I love cooking. Tapas are my specialty. When my parents have guests over I’m always in charge of the kitchen. Hit me up for a good meal ;D
20. Done! Now tag some people!
Whoever is inspired to do this.