|9 min read
>> Art and visual perception: a psychology of the creative eye by Rudolf Arnheim:
I am currently reading this book (I have the old version though) and its profound considerations are continuously changing how I perceive art. Definitely an excellent read for anyone interested in composition and art in general.
>> On different types of BW film by our affiliate Photo--Assignment
This journal is for tips and other useful information - about photography in general. Check out the newest addition(s)!
>> Suggest any?
>> Suggest any?
- Art and visual perception: a psychology of the creative eye by Rudolf Arnheim
- Sell & re-sell your photos by Rohn Engh
- Photojournalism: an ethical approach by Paul Martin Lester
- AP Guide to Photojournalism by Brian Horton (ISBN 0-07-136387-4) - an extremely useful book for anyone interested in photojournalism. Features more than 100 photographs, as well as stories, tips and more advanced lessons.
- WorldPress Archives
- NY Times photoblog
- AFP photographers
- List of 40 online photography magazines
- On Being Creative 1 2 - series by one of our members: FuriousEnnui !
// Tips & Articles
- On different types of BW film by our affiliate Photo--Assignment
- Develop BW film at home
- Printing: what file size?
- Street photography: how to? - General | Portraits
// Photography tutorials on DA
- Depth of Field
- Infrared, see also: news.deviantart.com/article/36…
- Choosing a Border/Mat
Browse www.deviantart.com/#catpath=re… !
// Photoshop photography-related tutorials
- to add a border: go to Image > Canvas size ; check "Relative" ; enter desired border size x2 ; choose canvas color and click OK
- non-destructive post-processing: work with several layers!
- sharpening method: duplicate your layer and apply Filters > Other > High Pass to the new layer. Set its blending properties at Soft Light or Overlay, play with options.
- BW: with Channel Mixer or Black & White - avoid Desaturate!
(ii) Full tutorials
- black and white post-processing
- BW with Channels
- infrared effect: photo-class.deviantart.com/art… , mannequinstock.deviantart.com/…
- noise reduction
- photoshop Actions
Also, a very complete tips page at Photo--Assignment : photo--assignment.deviantart.c… . I would also suggest that you look through their news articles: search.deviantart.com/?section… (e.g.: about DSLRs)
Clubs dedicated to tutorials and tips:
Greetings fellow reality-abstracters! After serving as Headmin (head admin, get it?!) for four years, I've decided to step down as I'm about to embark on a transcontinental motorcycle journey from my Louisiana home to Alaska and back during the next six months. I think this may work out better for the group anyway. I've become forgetful with my dA account as I've focused on more important elements of my life. FanFrye24 will take over my position and, due to a change of group status some time ago, be sole administrator of the group. Please bombard her with suggestions for contests and other ideas, haha. Anyway, thank you all for doing what