Good evening, everybody. I've decided to make one of these.
How to Use this Meme
- Everybody relates to Touhou in a slightly different way, which means we all see our favourite characters in different lights. The open-ended way ZUN tends to write means that some characters, such as Reimu and Nitori, have dozens of equally likely personalities.
- The questions in this filly-outy journal thing are about which character behaves a certain way or has a particular quirk. For each question, give the character or characters you think best match the thing the question asks, and feel free to talk about why.
- For preference, spread the meme around to your friends by tagging some of them. Copy the questions and the How to Use section into your own journal, and of course answer the questions. Don't pressure anybody into doing it, though. It's just for fun.
- My answers to all the questions are below the questions. You don't need to copy them. The raw questions will show up in the comments area.
- The tag could easily work for something other than Touhou if you change the wording a little. Feel free to use it for a different franchise, your OCs or anything.
1) Which Touhou likes to take her food apart and/or eat it in a strange way?
Sekibanki. Sometimes, just for a laugh, she feeds each ingredient to a different head.
2) Which character would be most likely to fall for a pyramid scheme?
The Three Fairies. They'd think it was a jolly good lark.
2.5) Who started the scheme
and why is it Jo'on?
3) Apart from Kyouko, which character would be the first to shout "ECHO!" or something when she's in a large cave?
4) Which character is a complete fashion disaster, but in a cool way?
Without a shadow of a doubt, Flandre. She's happy to wear teddy-bear pyjamas, a ballerina's outfit or rainbow-coloured everything. Sumireko also has shades of fashion disasterhood when she's not going all-in with the purple; her casual clothes make liberal use of braces, tartan slacks, colourful blouses and lots of Sailor Moon memorabilia.
5) Which character would love to go dancing in a beautiful dress?
Alice, who has been known to daydream about her fairytale wedding with Marisa.
6) Who stubbornly refuses to eat any kind of vegetable?
Shou, for reasons of being a tiger.
7) Which one would be the last to notice if her shoes had been replaced with dead fish?
Minoriko. She hardly ever wears them, so it stands to reason that she wouldn't notice.
8) Which Touhou loves jumping in piles of autumn leaves?
9) Which character always insists on playing devil's advocate?
It would be cheating just to say "Hecatia's lawyer", so, um... Mima. She claims she enjoys free and open debates with no topic off-limits, but she really just likes annoying people.
10) If there were any buses in Gensokyo, which character would always remember to thank the bus driver?
Sanae, of course! She's a good girl.
10.5) Who would drive the bus?
Reimu, who needs the money.
11) Which character takes pride in having an awful personality?
Yukari. She isn't exactly awful, but she knows how much she annoys people and intimidates them, and she thinks it's epic.
12) Which character is lovely to everyone, but never gets any appreciation?
Nazrin does a huge amount of work at Myouren Temple, as well as looking after Shou and making sure she knows where to find her pagoda on an unofficial basis. A lot of the disciples don't even know her name.
13) Which Touhou is always cold, even in the height of summer?
Utsuho. She spent her whole life deep underground, and coping with the cold is completely new to her.
Edit: What the mackerel was I thinking? She has the bloody Yatagarasu inside her! I mean, the very idea of Utsuho feeling the cold is just... What the ACTUAL MACKEREL was I thinking?! She's-! She's got-! Aaaaargh!
(clears throat) Well. I have to change my answer now, don't I? Okay, let's go with, um... Satori! Because she doesn't go to many cold places. Utsuho and Rin would give her plenty of warm hugs if necessary, though.
14) Which Touhou is always warm, even in the depths of winter?
Sanae, thanks to her incredible metabolism.
15) Which character likes dancing in the rain?
Um, again, Sanae. Probably Kogasa, too.
16) Which character is always forgetting things at the worst possible time?
Cirno can remember next to nothing. This is normal for fairies, but since she's taken to resolving Incidents lately, it's only a matter of time until her forgetfulness costs somebody's life.
17) Who is always worried about getting ill, to the point that she won't even go near somebody with a cold?
18) As and when Gensokyo gets decent wi-fi, which character would be the first to start a Youtube channel? Sumireko doesn't count, since she already has internet access in the Outside World.
Kanako would jump on the chance to get more faith from around the world. Suwako and Sanae would get roped in, of course.
18.5) What would it be about?
Anything and everything that gets views. Gaming, toy reviews, make-up tutorials... You name it, Kanako would film it.
19) Which of our intrepid heroines thinks it might actually be kind of fun to be caught in a landslide?
20) Here's a fun one. In your mind, which character is most different from her canon portrayal, and how?
Probably Sumireko. In canon, she seems to be an arrogant teenager who thinks she knows everything, whereas I've somehow made her into a wholesome, playful, friendly girl who loves roller-blading and spending time with her friends.
21) Which character likes to cover her girlfriend's eyes from behind and say "Guess who!"?
Hecatia does that to Junko fairly often.
21.5) Who's the girlfriend? Does she like it, or is it just annoying?
As I said, she does it to Junko. Junko thinks it's kind of endearing.
22) What character would be extremely sneery about children who play Fortnite?
The canon version of Sumireko probably would, but in my head it's more likely to be Marisa's dad. Because he's an idiot and nobody likes him.
23) Which character is least likely to ever shave her body?
23.5) Which character is most likely to judge her for not shaving?
24) Which Touhou is most likely to get really into life-hacks?
Kosuzu. She'd probably borrow Sumireko's phone and find a whole bunch of life-hacks on Instagram, then get into all sorts of hilarious jams while she tries them out.
25) What Touhou puts on a brave, cheerful and/or confident facade, despite the fact that she's suffering inside?
I've written about Marisa's inner demons before, but for the purposes of this question, I'm going to go with Tenshi. Think about it. She was taken to heaven in her early teens and thrust into a world where nobody acknowledges her existence, everyone is happy with what she perceives as an extremely boring life. She wants to have fun and cause chaos, sure, but deep down inside, I think Tenshi just wants somebody to care about her.
26) Which character would buy dozens of books and then just leave them lying around while she reads her favourite book for the fiftieth time?
26.5) ...It's Kosuzu, isn't it? Has to be. Sorry, that one was kind of obvious.
...Um, yes. Apology accepted.
27) What's your favourite unusual ship?
Sanae and Youmu.
28) Which Touhou would sacrifice her life to protect her friends without even hesitating?
Reisen. She still feels guilty over running away from the moon, so she would probably sacrifice herself out of guilt.
29) Do you think any of the Touhous like men? If so, which ones?
Only Meira is straight. Reimu just so happens to have a huge crush on her, which is awkward to say the least. Ran, Tojiko, Junko, Kogasa and a few others are bisexual, and all the fairies are asexual.
30) Which character would be most into doing tags on Deviantart?
30.5) Who would she tag?
- Kanako (who would think it was a waste of time),
- Suwako (who would give a joke answer for every question),
- Youmu (who would actually answer it, but only tag Yuyuko),
- Marisa (whose answers would be complete guesswork),
- Reimu (who would be annoyed but do the meme anyway out of boredom),
- Sakuya (who would write an intelligent, well thought-out answer for every question and publish them within the hour, only for Patchouli to discover that the first letter of each answer spells out a very saucy message about Meiling's bloomers).