|9 min read
In the Perrita Kingdom and even beyond it, normal and simple animals of the real world do not exist. Outside of the typical species of both domestic and wild Caninekind, nothing you see in reality is in their universe. They have animals similar to them but they are not the exact same creature. Known as Monsters or Creatures, they inhabit most of the kingdom including Potcake. Monsters are not bred domestically but instead are tamed and captured from the wild through the use of bait or some tender love and care. For some unexplained reason, monsters are unable to breed in a domestic environment, Caninekind have not learned the secret as to why just yet. Caninekind all over the country tame these creatures every day to help them with everyday tasks or to be companions. Some even hunt monsters for their flesh and hide. No matter the reason, they are necessary for daily life to carry on as normal.
With the use of bait, a soft glove and other such tools [you can find out how to craft them HERE], you can add a monster to your household. Every character starts with one free Pet Token that can use to pick any common type monster from the roster to create, or you can save it to try taming a more rare pet. After you will need to find materials in order to craft new Pet Tokens if you want more monsters to own. Beware though, monsters are unpredictable and prone to attacking dogs that trespass on their territory or make them feel threatened. Even in a homey community like Potcake, its advised you shouldn't head into the wilderness alone without someone to help protect you should a creature find you a intruder. Small, medium or large, any monster can pose a threat.
Below, you can see a list of creatures you can find on Potcake Island:
There are four categories monsters fall into on Potcake Island, being Common, Rare, Exotic or Feral. These influence how often you'll meet a hostile monster and how easy or hard it will be to tame and fight off. Some monsters are more docile than others, making it easy work to take in. Whilst some being more wild will be harder and prone to attacking your dog at first contact. Common types are also the only species you can create without needing to roll an encounter dice to tame [this doesn't count for general roleplay or art, you are more than welcome to interact with other types, just remember you can't tame it]. If you are planning to tame a pet, you'll need to ask an admin to roll you a dice and then give you the option to see if your character does win the monster over.
- Common monsters are more docile and calm, they are the least likely to attack and mostly seen as harmless around the island. They make the easiest pets, you are also more likely to see these creatures around Potcake. This does not mean they should be regarded without a cautionary eye, however.
- Rare -
- Exotic -
- Feral -
- Hedgehog - small hedgehog like animal with quails that grow foliage and flowers, their legs are made of a bark-like substance.
- Flonkey - medium sized beast crossed with a donkey and rabbit. It has the upper half of a donkey and the lower half of a rabbit, it's kick is the thing of legends.
- Clawk - a monster that is a mixture of a chicken and a hawk, it has a muscular broad body, sharp talons and a beak made to cut through flesh like wet paper.
- Woolephant - a medium to large sized monster that is crossed with an elephant and a sheep, its horns and tusks are long and curved and has very soft thick wool.
- Fowline - small to medium sized monster that resembles a house cat mixed with a peacock, its known to have colorful feathers and to flash its large plume of a tail at foes. Its face is soft and feline-like.
- Bullfrog - large sized monster that is a mixture of a cow and frog, it has a short neck that expands when it moos and a long tongue for devouring insects and fruit hanging from high trees. Its front legs are hooved whilst the back possess webbing and are strong for swimming in water.
Rare types -
- Lionhorn - vicious and large lion-like monster crossed with a unicorn. Its mane is long and thick to protect against attackers, a long menacing horn sticks out of its forehead.
Exotic types -
- Blanther - this deadly monster is large and skinny, with the face of a baboon, the body of a panther and the forearms with wings like a vampire bat. It has no eyes and is known for its tracking capabilities due to its powerful sense of smell and hearing, it feeds on blood.
Feral types -
Grand Opening Delay [Update 2.0]
:new: 4/9/2020 Hello Potcakes, I hope everyone is doing well despite what is happening to the world right now in the wake of Covid19. Wash your hands and try to stay out of public, stay safe and well. I am here to announce some news concerning the grand opening date. We decided to delay it again due to some unexpected delays on the side of us the staff. From computer issues delaying art to illness, we've been distracted. There's been a lot of changes we are still finalizing and trying to adapt to the group the best we can for everyone. We don't have a date set, as the new game system is still in the works and we're waiting on art for the ho