Is there a special sweetheart in your Fido's life? Well then, why not get married? Holy matrimony you say? Yes! Your dog can settle down with the girl or guy of their dreams. There's a few steps to getting there though, but if you've gotten this far to know a one true love, then you have surely done a few of these things without even meaning to!
If you want to get married, your dog has to have had four RPs/ or collab art pieces featuring Fido and his Fifi. We label these specific marriage proofs as 'Heart Events', and they go as followed:
- Black Heart - Your dog has met his sweetheart/had their very first interaction [ofc if they know each other prior via history OOC it'll be the latter]
- Blue Heart - Your dog has spent some time getting to know his sweetheart.
- Yellow Heart - Your dog has spent at least one festival OR event with his sweetheart.
- Red Heart - Your dog has confessed his feelings for his sweetheart [it doesn't have to be a direct 'I Love You', just that your dog and his future spouse knows there is something there!]
You will send these four Heart Events to the admin team [you don't need to label the legit pieces as such, only in the documentation but you are more than welcome to title your RPs/ collab pieces if you want to], we will then approve you for the final step in your quest to tie the knot.
Now all that is left is to find a Goddess Scale. The inhabitants of Potcake have a specific tradition involving finding a scale from the Goddess herself. Or so they say… In reality, its the tough feathery-like item that comes from the rare Goddess Pheoxant. It has beautiful red and blue feathers resembling fire and a long body and elegantly shaped head. They’re hard to find even out in Potcake’s native wilds but nowhere near impossible. If you are truly in love, clearly the hunt for such a find is worth the physical proof of your eternal devotion.
- Get the Scale Quest - This quest involves sending your character out into the wild to hunt down the Pheoxant Scale. The admin will roll a dice on which location of Potcake the bird will appear at. We will then roll another dice determining whether or not your character will catch the bird. After, it'll be up to you to either write, roleplay or draw a piece involving your character getting the scale. The chances of getting the bird and its scale are low, so if you fail, you can try again!
Once you have gotten the Goddess Scale/or Wedding Bouquet, all that's left is to seal the deal. You'll either write, roleplay or draw a piece involving your character getting engaged by presenting your significant other with the item. Finally, you'll do the same with your wedding. This is a big moment in Fido's life! It shouldn't just be glossed over. It can be subtle or flashy, that's the fun part about these kind of things, nobodies weddings are ever really the same! After you've done all these steps, congratulations, you're married, here's wishing you two lovebirds many happy days together.
Babies are a lot of work and require plenty of commitment but if you feel up to the challenge of parenthood... well, here's how to do it. You can go about having puppies as soon or as late as you want, perhaps that honeymoon had more moon than honey after all, who knows. You'll message the group to tell us you want to have pups, [there is a reason for this, just hold tight!], and then proceed to write, roleplay or draw the pregnancy announcement. It doesn't need to involve your significant other or anyone else if you don't want it to, just have to make sure the mom-to-be knows she's got some little ones on their way.
By default, each Species has a max litter size it can have without the Puppy Bonus, however, if your character isn't married and decides to have puppies, your litter size is cut by half but you are still allowed to get it back to the default size via the 'Precious Cargo Potion', if your dog is crossbreeding with a Fantasy State the litter size will take the number from its mother's species:
- Canina - Married: 4 Puppies, you can increase it to 6 with the Puppy Bonus. Unmarried: 2 Puppies, you can increase it to 4 with the Puppy Bonus.
- Demibeast - Married: 3 Cubs, you can increase it to 5 with the Puppy Bonus. Unmarried: 1 Cub, you can increase it to 3 Cubs with the Puppy Bonus.
- Kinejo - Married: 2 Kits, you can increase it to 4 with the Puppy Bonus. Unmarried: 1 Kit, you can increase it to 3 Kits with the Puppy Bonus.
- Koigi - Married: 3 Guppies, you can increase it to 5 with the Puppy Bonus. Unmarried: 1 Guppy, you can increase it to 3 Guppies with the Puppy Bonus.
Due to the litter sizes, its important to tell the admin team when you are having puppies so that we can make sure there isn't any misunderstandings or funny business going on, It'll also let us know if you are using your Puppy Bonus to increase your litter size. You can get the Puppy Bonus whenever you want, whether that be during the pregnancy or long before it so long as you find the items to craft the Precious Cargo Potion. You can find the recipe HERE at the Crafting Station.
Also when adopting your little ones out to players, if someone is lacking a Dog Licence and has all their slots full, fear not. Adopting a pup will forgo needing a new slot, but you can't replace this pup with a new dog should you be bored of the kiddo. It doesn't work like that!