Hi. I'm a 16 year old... er... oddball. My drawings are mostly of people (now I can actually draw people without the finished result bearing startling resemblance to a vexed frog - this is a very recent development) and are done using Rotring pens or pencil. I occasionally paint with ink, drawing inspiration from Chinese and Tibetan ink paintings of dragons. I enjoy writing books and poems, and I read like there's no tomorrow; I am writing two books at the moment which are going well - it's healthy for the spirit to enter another world sometimes.
I love all things rock n' roll, from AC/DC and Nirvana to Iron Maiden, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Pink Floyd, and my favourite genre is prog rock; my favourite band is Rush, though most prog suits me just fine. I also play electric guitar and bass, though unfortunately I'm not in a band. Anyone who's into rock, especially prog, I salute you.
I'm interested in philosophy; my writing often 'means something' so if you'd like to know more about the meaning of any of my literature just ask. I am also a firm believer in animal rights and an atheistic agnostic, though I agree with many Buddhist teachings. I do not, however, believe in souls and reincarnation; at the same time I don't think Science can solve everything.
I believe aliens exist, and that there is selfish impulse in every action committed. Like you wanted to know.
Criticism is very welcome; I always like to know how to improve my writing and drawing.
Hope you like my work.
Favourite quotes (man, there are too many):
- Life without adventure is life without... life. - The Anarchist, Clockwork Angels (the novel)
- I'm not so good with advice. Can I interest you with a sarcastic comment? (unknown)
- As I walked out the door towards the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison. - Nelson Mandela
- I think, therefore I am... in a minority.
- That which one believes to be right is not always what is right to believe.
- I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief; you can call me faithless, but I still cling to hope, and I believe in love, and that's faith enough for me. - Rush, Faithless
- The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.
- Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- The two most important days of your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
- The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives is fully prepared to die at any time.
- Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
- We need not worry so much about what man descends from; it is what he descends to that shames the human race.
- You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
- Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.
(last 10 by Mark Twain)
If you have any good quotes you think I'd like, please comment.
Favourite Visual Artist
Star Wars, A Knight's Tale, Marvel superhero movies, The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit, Seabiscuit, The Bucket List, The A-Team, True Grit, Up, Master and Commander, The Blues Brothers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Tintin, Megamind
Favourite TV Shows
Blackadder, Allo Allo
Favourite Bands / Musical Artists
Rush, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, Budgie, Dio, Jethro Tull, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, AC/DC, Kansas, Beethoven, Alestorm, The Moody Blues, Tchaikovsky, Wagner, Genesis, IQ, King Crimson, The Who, Yes, Tool, Symphony X, Disturbed,
The Discworld series, Rush and Philosophy, Animal Liberation, Don Quixote, Night Thoughts, The Republic, Anthem, Straw Dogs, Jane Eyre, Nineteen-Eighty Four, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Good Omens, Time and Time Again, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Terry Pratchett, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, George Orwell, Dante, Samuel-Taylor Coleridge, Edward Young, William Wordsworth, John Gray, Peter Singer, Plato, Nietzsche
Assassins Creed (particularly III), Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Favourite Gaming Platform
Tools of the Trade
Rotring Isograph / Rapidograph pens, pencil
guitar, bass, sailing, models, walking, woodwork, writing, classic cars & motorbikes, my record collection, headbanging