Sometimes it takes a friend to show you the way.
(Click a bubble to start the game)
Here are some tips / instructions:
- Derpy will follow the bubbles that you control, but only if they are in her direct line of sight (Derpy will literally brighten up when she sees them).
- You can make Derpy run by pressing and holding the left mouse button to increases the bubble's power, but do it for too long and the main bubble will pop. It recharges after a while, but in the meantime it casts no light so Derpy won't see it.
- Amount of smaller bubbles = amount of lives.
- Derpy will get bored if you stay in one place for too long; same if she doesn't see the bubbles.
- Derpy will not walk into any harm on her own.
WARNING! The game requires powerful CPU so if you can't play it, here is a complete walkthrough: [link]
UPDATE 22.09.2012: The site-lock has been removed so the game can be played offline now. If SWF file won't work alternatively an EXE file is available here: [link]
People that made this game at least 20% cooler:
- Forest Rain by composing awesome music and SFX for cutscenes.
- Decibelle by lending her wonderful voice to Derpy
- Resonant Waves [link] by allowing me to use the lovely "Luna's Palace" and "The Temple of Rain" tracks.
- PonyVisation [link] by allowing me to use the great "Everfree Shadows" track.
- And of course, special thanks to RizCifra for creating the inspiring "We Are Pilots".
Fourth level is the one where you see a Timberwolf for a first time. The "trap" is the dead end with a muffin, right at the start. If you decide to pick up the muffin and then get Derpy hurt while trying to leave the dead end, you have fallen for the trap. To avoid the trap you have to pick up the muffin and NOT get hurt. Currently there is only one way to do this: once Derpy eats the muffin hide your bubbles from her - Derpy is literally invincible if she decides to move on her own, while the bubbles are hidden. In other words, let Derpy leave the dead end on her own, do not try to control her, and she will leave it unharmed.
Well, it's just as the description says: Derpy Story was inspired by "We Are Pilots" comic by RizCifra. I saw it and I thought to myself "this could be a cool game." Then I sat down to it and actually made it.
It is a pity that the Flash Player program will soon be closed and we will lose a lot.
By the way, I passed this game at about eleven o'clock Moscow time, four hours after that, I wanted to cry.
Maybe it's because of the atmosphere of the game or the fact that I lost my health for Derpy and once got a bad ending.