Prepare an ester-aspirin.
1. Hot water was prepared by heating 300-ml of water in a 600 ml beaker on a hot plate until boiling
2. 4g +/- 0.1g of salicylic acid was obtained, and then put into a 250-ml conical flask.
3. 8.0 ml of acetic anhydride was added into the conical flask, and was stirred until it was dissolved
4. Four drops of concentrated H2SO4(aq) and stirred. The flask was then left in the hot-water bath.
5. The flask was removed from the hot-water bath, and then the about 20g of crushed ice was added into the flask
6. The solution was stirred for 10 minutes.
Mass of H2SO4 4.00 g