Behold- what I believe is the most detailed Railway Series Map there's ever been!
The map above started off as a digital vector map of the Clive Spong map seen in The New Collection book and elsewhere. It was created by Christopher Signore of Sodor Island Forums for the purposes of the Extended Railway Series.
With his permission I've since taken this map, edited out the ERS elements, and instead added as many RWS elements as I could to make it as detailed as possible. This includes:
- Added labels of locations both man-made (Bulgy's Bridge, Wellsworth Orchard, Kyndley Cottage, Rolf's Castle Conference Centre etc) and natural (Suddery Bay, Skarloey Valley, Anopha Fell, Falls of Tid etc), as well as towns/locales (Callandale, Elsdale, The Garth)
- Mapping of historical locations (Old Suddery Wharf, the path of the E&KR tramway, the old Cronk & Harwick Railway etc), and of current elements mentioned in TIOS but somehow missed on the original map, such as the river that runs near Brendam, and Cas-Ny-Hawin mine.
- Reworking of some locations, such as making the Ffarquhar Quarry tramway and Crovan's Gate wharf more detailed and accurate to other maps.
- A comprehensive mapping of locations found on both the Isle of Man and Mainland England, including their railways.
- Removal of certain kid-friendly descriptions from the original to make it look more like a real map.
- Added other details such as a title and compass.
Disclaimer- some of the locations mapped are based on speculation, so not all of them are to be taken as 100% canon or 'truth'. For example the orientation of the Brendam river, and the locations of the Glennock Junior School and Rheneas Slate Quarry are educated guesses, but we don't know for certain.
I've also since printed this map and had it framed and hung on a wall in my house. I've wanted a physical Sodor map for so long, so I'm pleased as punch to finally have one! I might upload a photo of the framed map too, following this.
I hope you enjoy it
If you have any questions or thoughts on it, let me know!