But The Rolling Stones, who were uninvited, did not.
Mick was so pissed off that his band didn't go,
Especially when The Who was invited to do their show.
They were almost the same, their clothes and their shoes.
But something made Mick keep on hating The Who.
Their music was similar, the rhythms and tones.
Why, then, were the Stones not invited to go?
He turned to Keith Richards with a horrible sneer.
"Their show is tomorrow, it's practically here!"
He pondered as Charlie Watts continued his drumming.
"I MUST find a way to stop Woodstock from coming!"
For when they performed, Mick thought with a scowl,
The crowd would go crazy, he thought it was fowl.
Roger would pick up the mic and begin the show
And what happened next was impossible to know.
But Mick knew in the end that Moon's cymbals would crash,
And Townshend's guitar would end up getting smashed.
And the more that Mick thought of their glamorous fame,
The more he wanted to put the Who
a Rock Opera by Pete Townshend
additional music by John Entwistle and Keith Moon
1. Because Even Rock Operas Need Opening Music (P. Townshend)
2. LAWLZ, Your Husband is Dead (P. Townshend)
3. Well, it's not a Girl (P. Townshend)
4. Did We Lose? (P. Townshend)
5. No, 1921 is NOT Going to be a Good Year (P. Townshend)
6. Not-So-Amazing Quest (P. Townshend)
7. *Insert Musical Break Here*
8. Marilyn Monroe Can Cure EVERYTHING (P. Townshend)
9. Kwanza (P. Townshend)
10. I'm Cousin Kevin and I Beat Up Blind Kids. (J. Entwistle)
11. Sex and A Whole Lotta Drugs (P. Townshend)
12. Yet Another Musical Break (P. Townshend)
13. "Gee, should I leave my severely disabled son with his drunk Uncle?" "Sure! Just give Ernie a few minutes, he'll pass out..." (P. Townshend)
14. Raep Tiem (J. Entwistle)
15. Pac Man Warlock (P. Townshend)
16. There's Some Guy Who Wants to do Bizarre Medical Tests on our Kid (P. Townshend)
17. Toomy's Faking it. Go to the Mirror