When I was first approached with the project to redesign and replace our user symbols I was naturally quite shocked. For those of us who've been part of deviantART for a long while, changing the username symbols seemed like changing the colour of the sky, or asking everyone to suddenly start walking backwards, right? It seemed like such a fundamental part of what deviantART is that it was hard to take on board. But then really, when you think about it, the old symbols were meaningless at face value. And that, my dear friends, is exactly why we set about looking at rethinking them.
Think about when you first found and joined deviantART. Did any of the symbols make sense? Did you stop and think "what is this ~ before my name and why is it there?" Maybe, but possibly you're probably like me and just kinda accepted it because that's the reality presented to you. After a while, though, you'd have seen the * and maybe even a ` or ^ an
Here are some random sayings me & my friends thought of that we think is funny.
READ OR ELSE I SHALL DO NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
* I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
* This would be really funny if it wasnt happening to me.
* Guns dont kill people. . . but they make it real easy.
* Born free. . . taxed to death.
* "The more people I meet, the more I like myself better."
* A bartender is just like a pharmacist. . . but only with a limited inventory.
* "I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."
* "Youre just jealous because the voices only talk to me."
* So youre a feminist. . . "Isnt that cute, honey!"
* Anyone can give up smoking, but it takes a real man to face cancer.
* Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
* "To all you virgins, thanks for nothing."
* "Im not a complete idiot, some parts are missing."
The first image in the movie is a rising sun. This is consistent with the theme of The Circle of Life. The sun represents a never-deviating pattern of death and rebirth through its daily rising and setting, an eternal constant that embodies the Circle of Life. The movie primarily deals with the Scars attempt not only to disrupt the entire cycle in his seizure of power, but also the internal cycle of growth in Simba. Only by reclaiming his lost Self can Simba restore balance to the Pride Lands and to himself.
Scar is quickly characterize