Randomized Xenobiological Animal GeneratorUse this generator to create bizarre, unearthly creatures by rolling real or virtual 6-sided dice. Roll twice for each category, so that you get two results for each. In each category you may choose between the two results, or you may incorporate both or combine them in some way. Feel free to interpret results loosely or creatively, and to add any feature not prohibited by the results.Randomized Xenobiological Animal Generator8 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
4: Three or five legs
5: Six to twelve legs
6: Over twelve legs
1: Long jaws
2: Tongue or proboscis
3: Radula or sucker
4: Filter feeder or many tiny teeth
5: Beak or hard plate
6: Spikes or large teeth
1: Many eyes
2: Complex eyes
4: Fleshy ears or nose
5: Sensory lines or pits
1: Wings or flippers
2: Boneless tendrils
3: Hooks or claws
4: Pads or suction cups
Nix Oc meme1) Choose one of your own characters (OC).Nix Oc meme3 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
2) Make them answer the following questions.
3) Feel free to add some questions of your own.
NIX, I CHOOSE YOUUUUUU!
nix: fudge you.
1) What gender are you?
100% pure male.
2) What is your age?
21... why do you CARE to KNOW?!
3) Do you want a hug?
No... not at all. *glare at you and then smiles* why, do you want one?
4) Do you have any bad habits?
Define "bad habits"... hehehe
5) What is your favorite food?
Cheese sticks! I never get tired of those things!
6) What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
*shrugs* mint, i guess
7) How is life for you?
Life is pretty good to me, at the moment.
8) Have you killed anyone?
well, yeah! I basically fight and kill for a living!
9) Do you hate anyone?
Yep. I hate a lot of people. A lot of people hate me. I don't see what the big deal is.
10) Do you have any secrets?
*shifts nervously* no.... well... ok... I do... I'm actually bisexual... and leaning more towards guys... and... I can... kinda... be a... soft
Science Fiction And Fantasy 3: The Pulp EraIII. The Pulp Era and AliensScience Fiction And Fantasy 3: The Pulp Era6 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
1. Here we will focus on the Pulp Era, the period in the early 1900s when science fiction found its name and its fanbase,
B. Student Outcomes
1. Become familiar with the historical, cultural, and artistic forces that shaped the Pulp Era.
2. Consider the figure of the alien as a commentary on the nature of humans.
3. Identify the difference between hard science fiction and space opera.
4. Analyze two science-fiction stories from the Pulp Era.
5. Apply science-fiction research to your own creative work.
C. Assignments & Exercises
1. After reading this module you will complete the following:
a. Assignment 3.1: Alien Design and Reflection
1. Please read the following
a. H.G. Wells, The Star, Science Fiction: A Historical Anthology
b. Hugo Gernsback, Ralph 124c41+, Science Fiction: A Historical Anthology
1. Please take the quizzes only after you have completed all the pages in the module.
1. See Glossary for the li
THE INTERMINABLES story meme!So, what's your story called?THE INTERMINABLES story meme!2 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
Did you have any early/working titles?
Current title is the early/working title. It stuck.
Why did you choose the final title?
"Interminable" means something that is endless or that can't be ended. Considering the nature of the protagonists, it seemed apt. When turned into the name of a team it also sounds a bit like a comic book, which plays into things nicely.
Was it easy or hard to choose a title?
Fairly easy, once I put my mind to it.
Who's the protagonist?
There are two: Edmund Templeton and Istvan Czernin, also known as the Hour Thief and the Devil's Doctor. One is an immortal wizard who got that way through some very morally questionable magic that, among other things, lets him ask for five minutes and then take them. The other is a spectral avatar of the First World War and the world's best surgeon. They're both unkillable (hence the title), but that doesn't always