You know ur a Firefighter IF..* You can tell what type of fire it is by the smell of smoke 10 miles away.More Like This
* You have ever had a heated debate over the color of fire trucks.
* You have ever spent 10 minutes trying to force open a door only to have someone come along and open it by turning the handle.
* You lay out your clothes from that day so if there is a call at night you can find them quickly.
* You take great joy in smashing the windows of a car parked in a fire zone or in front of a hydrant.
* You have ever been airborne without an aircraft and water was your thrust.
* You always wear red suspenders.
* You carry a ton of specially modified tools in your pocket.
* You ever cursed out someone for armor-alling the seats to make them look nice.
* You've ever clung to the air horn chord for dear life because the driver is insane.
* You have ever played jingle bells at Xmas time on the air horns to clear traffic.
* You have ever said, "she's hot tonight" and NOT been talking about a girl.
* You have ever called a pe
A Fireman's HaikuThe alarm goes offMore Like This
In a mad dash we go quick
Into the unknown
Sirens blaring loud
Red lights casting dark shadows
Into the night air
Unsure of what is
We venture into the night
To help a victim
We do it for them
Not for gratification
But to help someone
Many dont get it
Its a firefighter thing
Thats all I can say
To save a person
Or a belonging or friend
Is one thing we do
Protection of lives
Is another specialty
That we believe in.
~* Jen Reynolds