You're a Band Geek when...You know youre a Band Geek when:More Like This
Note: most, if not all of these will only be funny to Band Geeks; some may only even make sense to members of the Forest Park Marching Band (sometimes marked with an ***) Deal with it.
- means that someone else gave me this one, they will be credited
1. Changing in front of your fellow band members is not embarrassing in the slightest
2. Seeing other band geeks change in front of you is not at all sexually arousing.
3. You put the Band Room as your primary address in all forms
4. You also put the Band Room phone number as the number you can be contacted quickest by.
5. You know all of the cheerleading routines
6. and have trained yourself to ignore them
7. and have made up different lyrics to all the cheers (all appropriate, of course )
8. Reeds taste good
9. and you arent a woodwind player
10. You start to use cork grease as lip balm
11. You drink more valve oil than water
Marching Band RevelationsMore Like This
What Have I Learned from Freshman Year Marching Band?
Actual Line --- "One more time!"
Translation --- "Let's do this set 15+ more times!"
Actual Line --- "Not bad for 8AM in the morning."
Translation --- "That sucked."
Actual Line --- "Okay. My watch reads (insert time here), so be back at (insert a later time here)."
Translation --- "Be back in 5 minutes after a two minute water break so we can do these sets 'one more time'." (A/N: See first translation)
Rookie Camp (Day 1):
How to tell left from right the sophomore way. (Write an 'L' on your left hand and 'R' on your right)
That marching band sets NEVER seem to form something legible, oh wait, that looks like---Ah! Never mind; false alarm!
Rookie Camp (Day 2):
How to tell left from right, period.
Slow songs are your friends.
Duct tape can fix anything.
Piccolos sound awful when off-key.
That there's a reason people memorize movements/songs quickly; they repeat it "one more time" and