Regret: Hephaestus"... heat it. Beat it. Hammer out the dross.More Like This
... shape the ore for warriors young and bold.
And though my forge runs hot, my heart is cold.
... bind and beat. ... hammer out my loss.
My brother's armies are provided for
with sharpened sword and spear. ... bring to life
his toys of war and still he steals my wife?"
Then temper flared and lame Hephaestus roared,
"I'll bind and beat my brother's worthless hide!
And faithless Aprhodite - " Here the lame
god faltered, anger turned to lust and shame.
He stroked her naked skin by fireside,
and wished a hundredth time he'd never wed
the goddess of a thousand busy beds.
Regret: AphroditeMore Like This
"Regret!? And why should I regret my gift?
My love and beauty all desire - all!"
Then prettily the goddess puffed and sniffed,
"I'm seafoam-sired: immortal! Not a doll!
And yet you'd trap me with your chain and ball.
This marriage set by Zeus: a dusty joke:
and now you'd wrap me in your net? The gall!
The gall! The gall! I'm weary of your smoke,
the endless fumes of forge and iron and coke,
your wounded eyes that only wish to serve!
Then serve me now! My passions have awoke."
She gasped as coarsened hands explored each curve.
Then gasped again as Aphrodite came,
and fleeting thought, "I wish he wasn't lame!"
The form is of course, a Spenserian sonnet, which interleaves the rhyme scheme of lines from one stanza to the next.
HephaestusUnforgivable the flaws of formMore Like This
Though legitimate son of supremest deities
The crippled crafter of flame & forge
Found his niche in labour's humility
Indelible dirt of distasteful trade roughly worn upon his hands
Combin'd with hardship of disdain'd misshapen feet to stand
Too far beneath the finer gods' aloof notice, yet-
Hephaestus dwelt in loftier nobility of soul above Olympus' petty conflicts
Although abased and banish'd to lower state
The proudly wielded seals, signs, & seat of power were nobly formed from his hammer, forge and flame
The soil upon his mean standing born of lowly honest labours' strains
A baser birth, as elemental craft oddly brought forth finest privilege's signs of divinity
Olympus' exile Earth's rudest forms by his fiery forge refines; divinely shaped by his skill
From Heaven's' heights impudence of finer favored gods mock'd his name
But honor found a truer host with Loves' union, his by far greater spirit still
His humble virtue was his grace, though harsh and
fACT N qUESTION tHinGI hit ma fhukin table when I heard I was tagged >:CCCCCCCCCMore Like This
but owell might do it cuz I have nothin better to do. o3o
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4. Choose 10 people and put their icons in your journal.
5. Not something like "You are tagged if you read that".
6. You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
7. No tag-backs.
8. You can't say that you don't do tags.
9. You MUST make a journal entry!
~10 Facts about this creature, named Strautinsh
1. I like when people fall down or get hurt (sucH SadIst ;; )
2. I talk with noises like - myyyuuuu, uguuu , nyaaaah in real life. = w =
3. I have a inner nerd who likes going to museums and do those kinds of things.
4. I seem to have a split personality . .-.
5. I also like when I'm injured. I just stare at my wounds and watch them bleed. ;;
5. I don't