Selfie [The massification has undergone an irremediable transformation:More Like This
the collective individualism has transformed the society into a global mosaic.
Now we should speak of "mosaicification"]
Please enjoy and remember to visit the photographers' galleries as well
I know... I have missed any of you beautiful people... forgive me and...
please send me more images ...
(and a little self promotion )
What Makes a Good Story?1. The prose flows naturally.More Like This
2. There is an equal balance of humor and seriousness.
3. You actually learn something from it.
4. The characters are believable.
5. The characters go through a significant change of some sort, whether physical or mental.
6. There is some sort of conflict going on; not all goes well.
7. Good descriptions, vivid but appropriate; the best stories are where the audience has a good idea of what's going on and yet they're still free to use their own imagination.
9. Proper spelling and grammar.
10. Appropriate for intended audience.
How Not to Tell a StoryAfter being on DeviantArt for a few years now, I've noticed patterns in people's stories. Patterns, that I can't say I've ever seen until I started using the internet. I believe that's because these kind of patterns are thoroughly unprofessional. The pattern in short is this:More Like This
Character = victim
Plot = bad things happening to said victim
Maybe this sounds harsh. It's not if you understand that is ALL there is to these stories. They take any character, hurl them into a tragedy and that's it.
Let's get this straight: We do not know your character well enough to care about them yet. No matter how bloody and gutty their injuries are, no matter how many of their family members are deceased, no matter what their boyfriend did to them, no matter what kind of disease they have, WE. DO. NOT. CARE!!!!!
These kind of things are sad in themselves, but WHO is this person we're supposed to feel so horrible for? Establish THAT. It should be your absolute FIRST priority: no exceptions.
No more pasting