You could touch this - Raffle time! WINNER!More Like This
Please note me within 24 hours!
Thanks for joining everyone!
Last day! Ill give a chance until tomorrow - on 1st August I post the winner, keep your eyes clear!
Seriously. You can touch. Welcome to the raffle! Get a chance to get some art from me :3
One such digital waist-up sketch - in COLOR!*
*I will work only with drawn reference, I am not designing your character.
How to enter?
1) be my watcher (old or new, does not matter)
2) favorite this entry (you can unfavorite it after the raffle is over)
3) make a journal or a poll about this raffle
4) comment here with the link to that journal/poll (optional: add a pug picture or llama icon)
5) complete all steps, if you wont Ill have to ignore you :c
Tips for my clients - about commissionsHello everyone!More Like This
I now present to you tips for my clients when ordering a commission from me. I had seen similar writings from various people and compiled this entry summarizing my preference. I hope this will be helpful!
1) greet the artist - say politely what you want, perhaps indicate how you found them, what made you interested to approach them
- make it personal and human
2) when sending references, use discretion - I have no desire to see pornoraphic or graphic material - especially when it has nothing to do with the commission - dont send me pictures with drugs, erections and sextoys if I am to draw a headshot (thats an example...)
I heavily advise to warn artist when sending NSFW pictures/links (that includes nudity, not just porn) and check their DO NOT DO section
Personally I do not like NSFW references and prefer if they are censored - its getting out of hand and I am quite disturbed.
3) keep conversation in one chain - reply to note or em
Elf Christmas Wishlist + SecretSanta NewsMore Like This
Work work work... @____@
School projects are killing me. Everything to hand in on the same week are you fucking kidding meeeee
And some nice drawings i started, i really looove them i have to finish them when i have the tiiime
I also started thinking about opening commissions, but i want to be able to work on them properly so i'll wait a little longer till i have more free time... Would you be interested?
Elf Christmas Wishlist!
Number one wish of my list for
Make a post in your dA journal (the manual INCLUDED - I wont grant any wishes, if I see no manual). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for ____
Commissions! Update-Price Starting at $2 I'm going to give you 4 Types of Commissions:More Like This
Commission 1: Normal Chibi
Here are my Rates:
- $3 Per character
- +2$ for additional character (for example. If you have 1 character = $3, If want 2 charcters =$5, If you want 5 characters $3+$2(x4) = $11)
- * I will calculate the number of Chibis according to chibi per frames rather than Total number of ordered chibis. (for example, if you ordered 6 chibis in total, but you asked me to draw them as separate couple pics rather than a single group pic, it would cost more = 3 individual couple pic ($15) > 6 group pic ($13) )
Examples of Normal Chibi:
Commission 2: Simple Chibi
- $2 Per character
- +1$ for additional character
Examples of Simple Chibi:
Commission 3: Project Derpy Pokemon
- $4 Per Pokemon
- *Interpretation/Derpiness is decided by me! I will send you a rough draft and can deci
dA Spirit Day?? What a joke!I think it's a joke that Deviantart says it supports "Spirit Day". Yes, I'm serious. It's a JOKE! Deviantart is notorious for censoring BL images, even the most naive ones.More Like This
I've had two images censored in the past. They were both just a light kiss between two fully dressed boys.
It's all because they heed the complaints of the people who don't like to see their favourite characters in that kind of situation.
Hellooo... Deviantart does the opposite of what it says.
I'm embarrassed that there are people who support them for their fake support.
Post-Yaoicon WrapupWell, where to start?More Like This
This year was even better than last. The con was a bit smaller since it moved to Long Beach after being held in the SF area for years. The format remained the same. Opening ceremonies, Bishie Bingo, the masquerade, the Bishounen Aucton, the dance, lots of panels and the infamous Spanking Inferno/Raffle. They added a new Scavenger Hunt event this year, too, which seemed fun for those who chose to participate.
As a bishie, my schedule was crammed. Thursday night I cosplayed shippuuden Kakashi and hung with friends from last year. For the opening ceremonies and Bingo, I cosplayed Rude. My good friend and handsome stud, Reno, and I were selected as the two Bishies to participate in the opening ceremony to present flowers to the guests of honor. The opening was short and sweet.
Bingo followed the Friday night opening. For those who are unfamiliar w
Fan Art LawMore Like This
Fan Art Law
Mon Sep 10, 2012 by techgnotic
t seems there’s nothing quite as dear to the hearts of many of our deviants as their production of fan art, and at the same time, there is nothing so knotted with legal and ethical headaches. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but in the form of fan art it has also become one of the most frustratingly complicated. At some point, the sheer volume of fan art around a single property may become so large that the issue rises to another level of scrutiny by the creators of the original work.
With this dynamic in mind, we thought the following panel that Josh Wattles, our Advisor In Chief here at deviantART, and a mystery guest named Harold Smith, gave at Comic Con this year might be of immense help in understanding the ever evolving elements of fan art
Baklava RecipeFirst off you will need something similar to this:More Like This
Otherwise you're in for a LOT of Elbow Grease for the nuts. The above is the chopper I have and use, a great little gadget.
One Package of Phillo Dough (Found in your grocer's freezer department)
1 bag Pecans
1 bag Almonds (optional-I like the mix)
(optional: 1 bag Hazelnuts and 1 cup of Walnuts -- if you use walnuts just toss in a few, they will over power flavor and are bitter nuts a 1/4 cup no more of Walnuts)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup of drawn butter (Melted) or One bottle of spray Margarine (I am of the paula deen method. Use BUTTER)
1/2 cup of Honey (I like German/Italian Acacia Honey (Which is traditional in this dish, it's more expensive but tastes so much better), Orange Blossom Honey is good especially if you can buy raw local honey,