What you are =/= who you areRemember all my pictures/journal entries/whatever griping about how The Lion King treated hyenas?More Like This
I deleted most of those because I figured it was just my inner animal lover complaining about a storytelling device. But then I realized something:
One of my least favorite implications is the idea that WHO you are is defined by WHAT you are.
Lack a Y chromosome? You're obsessed with fashion. Have African heritage? You're obsessed with basketball.
This idea is terrible for obvious reasons. I'm sure there's plenty of girls who aren't obsessed with fashion, and plenty of blacks who don't like basketball.
And this also applies to more fantastic races/species/etc. in pop culture. Why is the Dragon Quest episode of MLP so hated? The idea that Spike comes from an always chaotic evil species.
Also, originally Lauren Faust had Pinkie Pie as a pegasus and Fluttershy as an earth pony. She switched it around probably to avoid this implication. Just because you're a pegasus doesn't mean you have
55 Facts About MeHello, my friends!More Like This
Well, I mentioned in my last journal that I was writing a '50 Facts About Me' journal - and here it is for you. I've extended it to 55. Hopefully, this will paint a better picture of me. So, here we go.
My full name is Callum Patrick Duckworth – on signatures, I tend to write C.P.Duckworth, and when I write my name, I write Callum P. Duckworth. I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a habit of signing my middle name… even though it’s not essential. My DA name is an anagram of my nickname ‘Ducky’ and my surname.
My star sign is Pisces, and my birthday is February 22nd. I was actually born quite a few months early...
I’m generally a cheery person, but the few times that I become depressed, I become REALLY depressed. Probably why I thought so badly of the Spongebob episode Are You Happy Now, as it put me in a depression for two days after watching it.
My favourite number is
Help! I'm an Animal castHelp! I'm an AnimalMore Like This
- Fly (human) - Taran (The Black Cauldron)
- Fly (fish) - Young Simba (The Lion King)
- Stella (human) - Lilo (Lilo and Stitch)
- Stella (starfish) - Marie (The Aristocats)
- Chuck (human) - Milo James Thatch (Atlantis: The Lost Empire) (I know Milo is too old, but I couldn't think of any suitable child characters)
- Chuck (jellyfish) - Blu (Rio)
- Professor MacKrill - Merlin (The Sword in the Stone)
- Sasha the Seahorse - Fluttershy (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic)
- Joe - Ratigan (The Great Mouse Detective)
- Shark - Shere Khan (The Jungle Book)
- Crab - Boss Wolf (Kung Fu Panda 2)
- Aunt Anna - Chicha (The Emperor's New Groove)
- Bill and Lisa - Phoebus and Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
- Joe (human) - Clayton (Tarzan)
- Sasha (horse) - Grace (Home on the Range)
Witty Animal Jam names!So we have all heard of Major majormajor? Well, lets see what other witty AJ animal names we can make up/find!More Like This
If you wanna put one here be willing to let others use them! Put a "___" if you think it sounds good with any name!
Will add more.