How to Make a decent homestuck troll OC.THE DO'S AND DO NOT'S OF MAKING A HOMESTUCK TROLL OC.More Like This
1) THE NAME.
- Make it something we can pronounce. Not some stupid shit like Jukgth Ghtyfk.
- The first name HAS TO BE 6 LETTERS long.
- The last name HAS TO BE 6 LETTERS long as well.
- Your troll CANNOT have the last name of an actual canon troll.
- Nor can they be related at all.
2) TYPING QUIRKS.
- Make it something readable at least. Keep it simple.
- Don't use the ones that are over used. Like replacing S with $.
- Be creative.
3) BLOOD COLORS.
- Be realistic guys and stay with the program. Don't make them have some stupid rainbow blood or something. That screams Mary-sue.
- Your troll may be a mutant blood. It is rare but it happens. So it's okay, just don't make them flaunt it. They will be culled.
- Black and White are not colors, they are shades and tints. So therefor they cannot be blood COLORS. (This includes grey/gray)
- Lime is a canon color, but lime bloods have gone extinct.
- Your trolls blood cannot change colors.
Tutorial: Making a Fan TrollH O M E S T U C K f a n T U T O R I A LMore Like This
Hello, and welcome. I'll be listing helpful hints for creating a fan troll for the series Homestuck. This is in no way the laws of making a fan troll, it is merely a guide. You may follow whatever bits and pieces of the tutorial as you want, but be warned; the internet feeds off Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus.
Melodramatic warning aside, now let's continue.
Rule one to making a fan troll: You NEED to have read the actual webcomic before creating an oc. Going off of what you hear and not what's stated in the actual webcomic is the perfect way to mess everything up.
Now, some vocabulary, for those not familiar with the "proper" terms.
Trolls - If you do not know, get out.
Hemospectrum - The blood caste system which classifies the upper, middle, and low classes in troll society.
Blood Caste - A troll's position in the hemospectrum.
Culled - Being killed for being "useless" or "wrong" in troll society.
Lusus Naturae - usually shortened to lu