Thin ice, brⓍther. THIN. ICE.
I have no idea why I wanted to create a pony form for him. I considered making him an alicorn, but his title of Nightmare King doesn't mean much. Sure, everyone calls him that in the books, but it sounds like a bit of a self-appointed title to me. Self-appointed titles don't count. (For those just tuning in, no, he's not an OC of mine. He's a ponified villain from the Guardians of Childhood book series... or you could refer to the recent movie adaption, Rise of the Guardians.)
His background has to undergo some modifications to allow him to fit into the pony universe. As for his cutie mark? He doesn't have one. He used to, and it may still be there, but it's buried under a thick layer of shadow, just like the rest of his natural coat color. (When he was still normal, what color would his coat be? What would his cutie mark be? I'll leave that up to anyone who wants to design him that way.)
That's right, Pitch used to be a normal unicorn. A great hero, even, from a really really long time ago. He would have been around when Princess Celestial was just a little foal, and another pony had power over the moon. He helped defeat a lot of evil things and lock them away in a prison, but they escaped and possessed him and he hasn't been the same since. Pitch hates all sorts of light... both from the sun and the moon. He gains power from scaring ponies, the younger and more innocent, the better. He controlled a bunch of evil shadow creatures called Fearlings, and it's said he could even corrupt ponies and turn them into more Fearlings! In fact, he wanted nothing more than to kidnap and turn Celestia and Luna when they were defenseless little foals and make them into Fearling Princesses!
He was stopped by another mysterious pony called Night Light and neither he, nor the Fearlings, nor Night Light have been seen since. No one dare talk about him, as if believing he could return would make it so.
[link] is what I've got designed for Night Light so far. But that's sitting on my st.ash and I'm not sure I want to make him his own deviation.
This race of pony is rare among the general populous, only really seen in unicorns and Alicorns, Earth Ponies and Pegasi have been recorded
This ability is usually passed down to family, but can be taught to powerful members of any race
Every pony has a life force, every pony has a soul, but Sensors are the only ones to be able to access this soul/life force.
Sensors don't look different from the average, but they do share a pattern of looks
- They are usually pastel coloured in one way. A coat colour, A mane colour or the eyes are pastel.
then they have a saturated colour somewhere on their body.
-If the pony has wings they 9 of ten times have a gradient of their soul colour. if your pony is White and has a Purple soul colour its wings are white and purple gradient.
-The eye colour is the ponies soul colour, if dual coloured eyes, its hard to tell, the soul magic aura is the dead give away.
- These ponies have two magic auras if they have a horn one is their eye colour for the soul energy and one is a complementary colour of the soul energy
- 7 out of ten times born Sensors are Unicorns.
- Sensors have to be careful about draining their energy if they run out of soul energy they die.
- Sensors are Known for being mentally ill due to the nature of some intentions
- Most sensors have manes on both sides
- Sensors are hearty beings psychically,Rarely getting sick.
- They have extended lifespans some reaching into their 100s-130s,Though they are not immortal
- Breeding with a non-sensor gives offspring to either carry the gene or are sensors,which is a 50/50 shot
-Sensors can breed with other species capable of breeding other species
- Sensors usually have a Soul related object in their cutie marks
- Taught sensors usually change eye colour to represent their soul colour if the original is not the same
- Sensors are usually developmentally early or late,not in-between to speak of
- Sensors are usually great siblings or parents.
- Talents are not limited to ponies,but a lot of them are artistic in some way
- Sensors are generally intelligent
- Common colours are Blue,White,Green and Pink rare colours are Black,Brown and Grey
Females tend to the curled manes
Males tend to have furry hooves
Pony Stats (Amongst the sensors):
45% are unicorns
30% Are alicorns
15% Are Pegasi
10% Are earth ponies
5% are Crystal/Non-Pony
Abilities as a Sensor
- Soul Search.
This ability is basic, every Sensor has it. Depending on how strong the ponies abilities are they can detect the Life Force of any pony. This can be simple like gender or if the bearer is strong enough, they can sift through Age,Gender,Race, Health and General emotional state. Often Results in headache or magical short out.
Sensors can swap souls with another pony, taking on their bodies and voice, just having swapped personalities. This ability is obtained when a bearer is strong enough or is a unicorn.
This ability is basic, every sensor has it to some degree. allows the bearer to use their soul energy to make items! Armour, Cups, Tools you name it. This ability cannot be used to manifest money, Printed literature, or anything with print on it. Its very draining on ponies with average or above average ability.
This ability can only be used with another sensor.
If a sensor has lost too much Soul Energy another and speed its refill.
this ability is taxing on both ponies and often shorts out their magic for a few hours.
- Soul Shield
This ability is basic and all sensors can use it. This ability allows the user to protect its self and others from harm. Not draining if used to protect oneself, though the larger the area the more it drains the soul energy
This Ability allows the bearer to "Break" into another ones soul and cause their worst fears cloud their mind. Only the stronger bearers can us this ability
- Soul Draining
This ability is used by the stronger sensors. The allows for a bearer to drain the soul of those they choose be it a fellow sensor or another species
Soul Attack Spells:
With a flap of ones wings or stomp of ones hooves, they can send out harsh waves that don't seem to do any physical damage, but sends the foes soul in shutting down and is very painful.
Soul Penetration/Draining/Manifesting can be used in battle too.
The user lets out a screech that disrupts the soul and sends pain in the chest to the appendages,It also can shatter things
Taught Sensor Criteria
- One has to be pure of heart or of good morality
- They have to be good at the the species talent (Flying,Magic...ETC)
- Must have a big enough soul to awaken the body with
- A strong enough teacher
- Is healthy enough
- Sensors are usually helpful and kind ponies,always willing to lend a hoof
- Sensors usually sweet and are of morality
- They can be playful and childlike
- Are not judgemental
- Love easily
- Usually justice seekers
Pure Pastel or Dark coloured ponies
No furry wings
Pupiless eyes in permanent form
Short or Tall ponies
I make customs <3 3-9 points