I've been wanting to try making a little penguin hoodie for a while now, and when I ended up with lots of scraps of fleece after prepping for Metrocon, I saw that I could make a whole rainbow of them >w< This is what I ended up with I just love the little plush beaks!
The Man of Steel's at a happy point in his life--he's got some good news to share with Batman. But tragic times are just around the corners as one of Batman's deadliest foes is in Metropolis on a surprise visit!
Have a favorite SNSD quote? Want to the world to know about your love for SNSD? Well, here's the perfect chance to showcase how big of a fan you are through some buttons. They come in two sizes and have at least one quote from each of the girls and one for loving SNSD as a whole (as well as some couple ones). Visit our CafePress shop to buy these stylish and colorful buttons!
If you remember a SNSD quote that needs to be on a button, you can always submit it here.
I decided to upload my (modified) Newspaper Theme skin for Rainmeter.
This is pretty much the same theme that Tatenokai made. Link But I modified it a bit to suit my needs. So credit and a lot of thanks to Tatenokai for their great work. However, if Tatenokai has any objections with this, please let me know, and I will remove this.
Tatenokai 's theme is incompatible for a 1920x1080 resolution. So I went through all the codes for the skins and re-sized them (to fit my resolution). I also then ended up making a couple of aesthetic/skin tweaks and changes too.
(For those unfamiliar w/ the original) this theme allows you to...
- Set up 4 RSS feeds on your desktop
- Set up 14 desktop launchers
- There's a mailbox skin (for gmail only)
- There's a weather skin
- There's a working pocket watch and a cigarette that burns with time
- And there's a notepad pop-up (on the left, above Uncle Sam) and a system stats pop-up (on the right, above Marilyn Monroe)
NOTE: This theme works best for a 1920x1080 resolution.
1. Download and install the Rainmeter file.
2. The background wallpaper can be downloaded from here: Link
4. To add name of your hometown (under the 'Daily News' heading) ... open my documents, open rainmeter, open newspaper, open Newspaper_config.exe, enter your city name, click set, and refresh skin.
3. To set up the weather location (and C/F) ... open the main rainmeter program, go to the weather folder (under Newspaper), open/edit Black.ini in notepad, and follow the directions in the top of the document. NOTE 1: Do not use the 'location' and 'Unit' settings in the Newspaper_config.exe. NOTE 2: Sometimes the (beginning) words in weather description (like sunny/cloudy) get cut off if the description is too long. I don't know how to fix. So if anyone knows, please tell me.
5. To add desktop launchers, RSS feeds, gmail account, (and other settings) ... again use the Newspaper_config.exe NOTE: For the launchers ... go to the 'app path' section, where you have to manually enter the location.
6. To add your name (after Global News by...) just edit the wallpaper using Photoshop to add your name. NOTE: Do not use the 'name' section under Newspaper_config.exe.
Feel free to leave comments or to ask questions.
Btw ... I'm planning on making a whole new (similar) theme. Any suggestions on what accessories to add in the background (for instance, accessories like the cig, watch, etc. in this theme)?
i'm really nervous about uploading it here Dx don't judge me too harshly~~ Hope you guys like it >A<
ps. If you want to download this, note me privately and i will send you a link to a private mediafire. I don't want this uploaded anywhere else by other people. Thanks .
pps. The reason this was very short was because our school had a 1 minute cut-off limit this year for Industry Day, so we either had to cut our story into 1 minute anyways or we could just make a 1 minute film :3. That said, it still took me around 4-5 months of slaving away though "orz.
------------------ Here's something that might answer some of your questions regarding the process
Occasionally I find myself in a creative slump. I've found the only sure way out of it, is to exercise, get good sleep, and break old artistic habits entirely!! This past year, I've been practicing hard on pixel art. The polar opposite of my past realistic digital painting style. It's been a fun an exciting way to hit the reset button on my creativity! This was created entirely in Adobe Illustrator, with vector art.
This was originally an attempt to introduce a few other companions to the lineup, picked from the show....then I decided to make a Matt Smith Doctor Whooves....then a Christopher Eccleston one....then I decided Rory and Mickey really needed representation even though I couldn't match them to a show pony...
Finally wound up with this.
Roseluck, Doctor Whoof (10th), Nurse Tenderheart, Derpy, and Pinkamena are all from the show, and River Song is based on Surprise (Pinkie Pie's original concept, and Surprise's colors from a previous show) because she manages to surprise the Doctor all the time.
(ps: Derpy is Donna because I already did this: [link] )
Thanks to suggestions I received, some changes in house mottoes. The house House gave me some trouble (haters) in other websites. About the Medicine symbol, I use the hermes symbol because of this: [link]
Graças a sugestões que recebi, algumas mudanças nos lemas das casas. A casa House me deu uns problemas pelo símbolo usado não ser o da medicina. Mas muita gente usa o simbolo de Hermes como símbolo da medicina, poxa... E veja: [link]
Here is my batman. for a reference I looked at cwhite02's Version of Batman. Which is located here [link] This is a bad scan of it so I decided to put a picture of me holding it so you could see how big it turned out to be. Hope you like.