Break it down easy - Tracing EditionOver the past week, we've seen a number of wide ranging attempts within our community to detail various misinterpretations of Copyright Law in particular in relation to tracing. In order to provide clarification in this area, this article presents to you an easy break down of the guidelines which we have had in place for over 2 years, and our policies specific to this particular method of creating art.More Like This
First of all, let's take a moment to go over our core values.
C O M M U N I T Y
We believe that our community is our most important resource and we strive to act in ways that nurture and encourage its growth, development and ultimately its ongoing success. We err on the side of the artist.
R E S P E C T
We treat each other with respect, as we believe that every staff member, volunteer, and member is a contributing factor to deviantART's success. We acknowledge that even those that challenge our patience offer important lessons we can learn from and strive to do so.
E X C E L L
Art Theft, Plagiarism, Copyright InfringementNever needed to keep a journal. I decided to install it today just to post this.More Like This
There is a terrible story about an user that had a complain about copyright infringment, in which she was not the owner of the copyright over the original character as the original belongs to Lauren Faust / Hasbro. The girl unleashed her fanbase (other than all the other pricks around the internet that have no other interesting stuff to do and find it funny) against a Community Manager, Administrator of Deviantart, which i find to be an otrageous thing to do.
I searched for a simple yet effective description of what Copyright means and i found it surprisingly non other than on the respective bashed admin's journal, as a very old entry.
Probably if the people would have bothered to browse and read, they would have been illuminated why the admin took the actions he did on the so often posted screenshot.
What I want to do here is to use the overall issue to compare the differences between copying, plagiari
How to request a drawing. Rules.RulesMore Like This
1. You should be watching us.
2. Write a new journal about us, and include a Mention of this account so that we receive a notification of your journal.
'Look! wacomon is doing free requests!'
3. Fav this journal.
4. Leave your ref sheet here.
- Just 1 request per week. (This option is closed so far. New request events will start with a new journal entrie. That's why we want you watch us.)
- OCs are more preffered.
- Just ONE character per request!
- Don't delete us from watch.
- Your account must be registred not less than 3 months ago.
- Your account must be active.
- We don't accept adopt/stock accounts. Mains only.
- All requests are sketches. Full color requests will be offered by us as a contests prizes.
- Your request would take from 2 days to 1,5 week to do. Please, be patient.
- We can decline your request without a mention of reason.
I don't ever answer on 'Can I have a request?' or 'Can you do my OC?' or 'Are you open for request?' or 'Can
500 Point Giveaway #10WinnersMore Like This
How to participate:
1. Add this journal to your favs.
2. Write a new journal about this giveaway, and include a Mention of me so that I receive a notification of your journal.
3. Include what I do at dATrade. For example:
:icondatrade: is holding a 500 point giveaway! http://fav.me/d728405
At :devdatrade:, you can donate points for an easy way to receive watches, llamas, favs, comments, and critiques!
10 points = 5 critiques / 10 comments / 10 watches / 40 llamas / 50 favs
Go check it out today