Tigers In CrisisI know you all know what a tiger is, but I'm wondering if I asked you, would you know the truth? Would you know what's really going on in the world? Honestly, these days I spend every moment wondering who knows the truth and who doesn't. Social media has provided the perfect distraction from reality that people are often to caught up in their snapchat status or how many followers they have on Twitter that they barely notice what's happening to the world around them. They spend so much time looking up twerk videos and the latest Kim K. news that most people don't realise we're in the midst of a 6th mass extinction. Yes, you heard me right, 6TH MASS EXTINCTION. The last mass extinction killed the dinosaurs and destroyed nearly all life on earth. This one could be even more destructive. And it's not being caused by a meteor or natural shift in climate it's being caused by us. By humans. We are responsible for the extinction of 320 species over the past 500 years. And in the coming decadesMore Like This
The Best TipsI guess that the most popular question in interviews with freelance illustrators is "The best tips for aspiring artists". No wonder... that's probably the most valuable question.More Like This
Here is a list of my tips. Some of them I got before becoming a freelance illustrator. Other advices I "discovered" myself quite fast and still others were understood after wasting a lot of time and getting stuck in a blind alley:
- Beginnings are usually hard, so be patient.
- Be a severe reviewer of your works. Being over-enthusiastic about your achievements can only prevent you from being better.
- Expand your "comfort zone", but have a specified specialization.
- Don't work for free just to expand your portfolio. Personal works are much better for this purpose.
- Keep the right work-life balance.
- "Everything you do proves who you are".
And here's a blog entry, where I described these points more broadly especially in the context of a fre