Click and drag the thumbnails left and right to see all the choices.
Click and drag the menu up and down to see all the options.
Read the "How to play the game" section before you complain about bugs.
I made it so that you can click on the purple arrows to scroll through the thumbnails, because people are very insistent on not reading the instructions. If you swipe you can get through the options faster, but it is there now.Note
that if you're looking for a mane and don't see it or it's changed, that's because the artist who designed the mane may have asked me to update or remove it. Artists are always welcome to request changes to the game, since it couldn't exist without them.
★★★ Here's the Ponycode Compilation Post for this game.
Post your ponycodes there to share! ★★★
So anyone who's been following my journals knows that I've been working on an app version of the Pony Creator for approximately forever now. Here's what happened with that: I got the Android version more or less working, but it's not working on iOS. After spending a couple frustrating months trying to get the iOS version working, I got completely burnt out and gave up. So there will be no iOS version of the game, nor will there be any future updates to the game that currently exists (this one).
Here's the deal. I had intended to finish the mobile version, then work on a new online version that would finally incorporate content from seasons 2 and 3 of the show. But the mobile development took much, much longer than I could have anticipated, and I just can't work on the game anymore. Instead of giving up entirely, I decided to take what I had finished and put it in a Flash file for anyone who wants to play with it. I'm sorry it happened this way. I'm rather disappointed and frustrated with the game and with myself, but I thought it was better to give you what I managed to finish, rather than just give up altogether and not share anything.This version does not have all the same content as the old one. It's missing some content, and it has some new content. However, I will not be adding or updating anything in any version of the game after this point.
I'm sorry I couldn't add more content. It just takes so much time, and I don't have any time to give anymore. Whether or not you think this game is better
than the previous version is just a matter of preference. The previous version has more content, this version has more features. It's up to you to see which version you like best. I think I did good work with this one, but I know lots of people use MLP manes for their characters, and want the option for cutie marks.Things this game does have:
- The ability to turn the pony's head.
- Posing that is more accurate to the show.
- Some new manes and tails.
- New accessories like neck ties/necklaces and additional hats.
- Undo/redo buttons.
- The ability to zoom in or out on the pony.
- Poseable wings and tails!
They don't highlight green like the other body parts, but if you click and drag them in Pose Mode you can move them around.Things this game does not have:
- Any copyrighted mane (and matching tail) styles, which means no manes from the MLP show
are in this game. This is because the new head turning features requires a lot more art, and I wasn't able to do that art for the copyrighted manes, so they weren't included.
- Cutie marks.
- Full body costumes, again because of the head turning.How to play this game:
- The interface was designed for mobile devices, so you move things by clicking and dragging them. Click and drag the thumbnails left and right to scroll through them, and click and drag the menus up and down to see all the options.
- If you move the mouse quickly when you click and drag--simulating a "swiping" motion from a mobile devices--the thumbnails will automatically scroll for a while. You can get entirely through the manes in a few swipes this way.
- You can also click and drag the pony itself, and the irises for each eye.
- The purple arrow on the color picker lets you move between the default mode with a bunch of preset swatches, and a more customizable mode with a full spectrum you can choose from. You can also just enter hex values in the hex input fields if you'd rather do that.
- The button in the top right that says "Move Mode" will toggle between Move Mode (where clicking the pony will drag it around the screen) and Pose Mode (where clicking the pony will trigger customizable posing).
- Save images by clicking the camera icon in the upper left.
- The head turning option is under the Finish -> Pose menu, if you're having trouble finding it.Rules:
- Don't sell images from the game.
- Don't post the game to any other sites.
- Crediting me for your images is not
required, but remember that whether you credit me or not you can't sell them.If you see a bug or want more content:
- Don't tell me. This game is presented as-is. No changes will be done.