Organized by Collection
Warning! Toxic chemicalWe've just had a really unpleasant experience.
More Like This
There's an anti-parasite spray that is labeled "for dogs and cats" that actually contains a chemical which is lethal for cats. We didn't realize and applied it on both of ours. After some time Cissy started to act really weird, she was shaking and hissing, running like crazy, like she wanted to shake something off of her. I first thought it is because of the fleas but we found out it's a sign of poisoning. They both got a bath already and we hope they get better... meanwhile, I looked up a lot of info.
The toxic chemical is called PERMETHRIN.
It doesn't hurt dogs, humans and other mammals but is very toxic for fish and cats.
The problem was, the spray can said, "for dogs and cats", and a bit further - "don't use on cats".
As a bonus, this info was in tiny letters (like always) and in a very unsuitable colour that it was barely readable, plus also covered by a price sticke