Rei-chan as the youma Castor, one half of the Gemini youma 'Castor and pollux' from sailor moon episode 21. A strange request to be asked of my Rei-chan, but god did it come out stonking! (yes, I'm proud of this one )
Sailor Moon was my fav anime when i was little, so i decided to dress the main female characters of shonen jump (c) with sailor's costumes!! Rukia Kuchiki (bleach by Tite Kubo) Sakura Haruno (naruto by masashi Kishimoto) Nami (one piece by eiichiro oda) sailor's costumes by Naoko Takeuchi
Introducing my latest (at the time of this post) "Avalancher custom original" character: Jonica (unless you guys/gals have a better name...)! Rendered in DAZ 4.7 (yep, 3Delight); moderate postwork in Photoshop CS6. The background comes from wallpoper.com.
I actually made this BEFORE "Shades of Jonica," LOL! I was in the middle of a project, and I need another Asian-looking "Avalancher custom original" character; so, I played with some morphs and got Jonica... Then, I played around with some skin textures and the Surfaces tab to see some different skin tones.
Here's three different skin tones of her... Which skin tone is your favorite: "dark," "bronze," or "light"? I think I like dark and bronze....
******************************************** Now, THIS character is truly Asian, unlike Kari, LOL! Kari "lied" to me!!!! I thought she had some of Jade in her, but she doesn't!!! If you look closely at Kari's morph recipe, you'll notice she has some Caucasian and Indian blood in her, LOL!!!!! Did she fake that Thailand passport??? I put Kari and Yumi side-by-side with Jonica to see if they were similar; they're not, LOL. Jonica is unique from the two.
The dark Jonica has Yumi's skin tone (changed in the Surfaces tab -> Red: 206, Green: 164, and Blue: 115); she has Bandua Hair (hairstyle 02). The bronze and light ones are Jade's skin texture; the bronze one's was manipulated in the Surfaces tab (Red: 255, Green: 204, Blue: 142). The bronze one has good ole Aubree Hair, and the light one has sweet ole Kiriko Hair. Their outfits come from Culte Solaire V4 and NYC Couture Culte Solaire.
Body Morphs Meridiana Body / Xiao Mei / Glutes Size / Feet Arch (optional, LOL) = 1 Olympia Body / Breasts Implants = 0.2 Aiko 6 Body / Shin Thickness = 0.7 Forearms Size / Upper Arms Size = 0.3 Breasts Cleavage = 0.5 Hip Size = -0.75 Thigh Thickness = 1.3 (remove the limit in the parameter settings) Nails Length = 1.0 (a change of pace from the claw nails...) (as with my other morph recipes, other morphs not mentioned in this list will be automatically adjusted; so, don't panic....)
******************************************** Special thanks to the YouTube Photoshop tutorials:
2. Duplicated (or load, if you're lazy...) the background again, this time on top of the Gaussian blur group. Set the opacity to 50% and the blending mode to Soft Light (for some "dramatic flavor").
3. "Summoned" the 3 Jonica PNG renders I made in DAZ3D (yep, Keshi's light set) and put 'em where I wanted to put 'em and adjusted their size(s). Once finished, I duplicated these layers, hid the original PNGs, and merged the duplicate PNGs and called the merged layer "Jonicas." (I kept the original PNGs and just hid them in case I did something crazy with "Jonicas." For this pic, it was an unnecessary back-up plan...)
4. Did the FREAKY AMAZING DETAILS, this time with a Gaussian Blur group (Gaussian blur = 60) and a Surface Blur group (Surface blur values = 20); both group opacities to 50%. Grouped these groups into another group called "Details Group"...
5. Duplicated (or load, if you're lazy...) the background yet AGAIN and put it over the Details Group as a clipping mask. Soft Light, 50% opacity... This sort of helps Jonica blend in with the scene
6. I didn't like how the right light-skinned Jonica's face was a bit too bright due to the Gaussian blur group; so, I did a burn layer to darken the face a bit.
7. Created another group called "Highlights" on top of all the layers. Created some Color Dodge layers to highlight the irises and lips a bit (each part had its own layer; for example, the dark Jonica had a highlight layer for her eyes and one for her lips, etc.....)
8. Put all the layers/groups dealing with Jonica (from the merged layer in Step 3 all the way to the "Highlights" group in Step 7) into a group called "Characters" (or whatever the hell you wanna call it).
9. (I actually did this part after the flare Steps 10 and 11, but what the hell....) I did some rim light magic with the merged Jonica layer from Step 3 ("Jonicas"). I just did the inner and outer glow with Color Dodge. Kept the opacity and whatever at default and chose the color value 02968a(a dark cyan-looking color). Didn't create a separate layer for the glows; didn't feel the need to...
10. Using the sun flare magic, I created a "Sun Flare" and a "Lantern Flare" groups......... I made the flare effects kind of big and put them behind (on the bottom of) the "Characters" group!!!
11. Duplicated the "Sun Flare" and a "Lantern Flare" groups, merged the groups to where I had a "Sun Flare copy" layer and a "Lantern Flare copy" layer. Put these layers in front of (on the top of) the "Characters" group!!! Adjusted the size and fill. For the "Sun Flare copy," the light-skinned Jonica's hair and face was getting too much exposure; so, I made a layer mask on "Sun Flare copy" and masked it a little with a grey brush...
12. The finale, LOL. I made a Photo Filter adjustment layer above all other layers (duh!) and set the color to 1dead4 (a cyan-looking color; dead is purely coincidental, LOL!). Density to 50%.
Shannon(shanchan is my own nickname for her) hanging out in wonderland doing some light reading. so what's she saying? so many possible jokes I didn't want to pick just one. " i can't believe she'd do that... with an englishmen" was a strong front runner.
This came as a Christmas postcard from my artist buddy Yayoi Neko and she did a compilation of all my favorite girls from anime, cartoons & film. Top to Bottom & L-R: Kim Possible, Abby Archer from Grossology, Emeraldas, Kahm from Outlanders, Terra from Teen Titans, Clover from Totally Spies & Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass. More amazing artwork from someone who HATES to draw cute girls yet is quite good at it - especially when her normal forte is Yaoi & Bara & men with scary looks. Go visit her DA and give love to ThunderTori : [link]
This is BatGirl/Barbara Gordon and Oracle(to Batman and Robin ) Again another character from my childhood(reason for the title if you haven't guessed ) She is known as "Oracle" in Batman Arkham City(btw awesome game) Barbara is Batgirl for a brief time but then gets shot but the JOKER thus the character "BatGirl" dies and the character "Oracle" is born. Bruce Timm is my fav comic artist (just wanted to add that in XD ) Keep in mind I did draw her on the bus on my way home from Galway so I hope you still like it T^T
This is probably the most interesting comic I've ever done. I learned about 's Nae when I was drawing this: kendallcollins.deviantart.com/… which compelled me to think of a comic situation for my series. After many concepts and ideas, I decided to make this after seeing the Nae Nae Vines on Youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic5QE5… which I made into a Beetlejuice inspired joke involving Nae. Speaking of Vine Videos, Maria's shirt is based on this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBl2J2… I hope likes this comic. Anyhow...