and I came up with, after another friend showed me the inflatable Heffalump costume from the newest Disney parade. (www.flickr.com/photos/theveryn…
So without further ado, introducing Tootie Balloonie! (thanks to Vee for doing the write-up below)
Appearance: Giant bouncy elephant. Dressed as a parade leader. Snout end is larger like a brass instrument, but it can be closed onto a victim's head to suck out their intelligence and make him stronger.
• Brain Drain – His trunk covers his victims' head in a tight vacuum, sucking the intelligence through bubbles forming in his trunk into his belly. Victims would struggle until they run out of brain power. Strong willed foes can slow this process down. Intelligence drained goes into his belly.
• Parade music – Attracts potential victims to his parade float, distracting them from seeing the obvious brain draining. It hypnotizes them into thinking that everything is ok, regardless of what they see on the float.
• Balloon elephant suits – If the victim are special, they would be sucked into his trunk and down his belly for a while before he spits them out covered in latex. He would then inflate it with his trunk into giant colored transparent elephant balloons. They are then tied to the float, and left there to squirm in the air. They vibrate to the parade music to tickle them as the parade goes by.
Strong willed foes are placed here to soften them up to allow brain drain to work faster.
• Laughing gas – It is used to inflate the suits and cause the victim inside to be uncontrollably giddy with happiness and laughter. But it can also be used out in the field as a way to temporarily paralyze foes.
• Extreme bounce – With his giant belly and rump, he bounces around the battlefield with great speed and knocking down enemies in his way. His rump can engulf enemies under him. On his float where everything is bouncy, this ability is increased dramatically. His minions also use this ability together with him to create huge devastation.
Transformation Method: Going down the streets in his parade float, he attracts people to come see him, maybe even dance along. (The Parading theme and loudness is akin to the scene from Aladdin where he is transformed into a prince to marry Jasmine.) In the midst of the chaos, he and his previous victims would bring victims onto the float to get brain drained by Tootie. The audience won't notice it as the music keeps them in a party mood. After being drained, the victims are brought into the float to get a costume change and they become fellow paraders in outlandish costumes with the elephant theme. They are dressed in colorful latex catsuits that covered them top to toe except for their faces which was face-painted. The body is decorated with many random balloons attached all over and a balloon hat in the shape of elephant ears and trunk.
On the other hand, if the monster deems the victim as special or strong-willed (like the rangers), they will be sent into the air trapped inside elephant-shaped suits and left to struggle in the air till their spirits are crushed by the parade music vibrating the suits. One by one they will be drained by Tootie into silliness and un- intelligence. Once completely drained, the balloons pop to reveal the new elephant monster, or at least, a costumed minion of one. They could join in tootie's bounce attacks to make it more devastating.
Inspiration: The elephant was created from a long time shy stalker of the power ranger's mascot assistant, Vulplush. But when he realizes that she and the Black Ranger as a couple, He goes into deep depression. Enough that Madam Mayhem, the main villainess, notices him. He is brought up into MM's lair and deemed worthy to be the next monster.
Behavior: Bubbly and cheerful. Loud and flamboyant. Incredibly jealous of Black for taking his stalking interest away.
Weakness: NOT weak against sharp objects/piercing damage. His belly is where the intelligence of all his victims (including his own former) are stored. If pounded enough times, he will spew it out from his trunk and return them to the victims. If done enough times, his own previous self's intelligence will return as well.